Winding Down

2:23 pm
The Library

Everyone seemed to be winding down from the "study break". Sheila and Brian felt a little awkward about their steamy, yet sloppy make out session on the floor.

Sheila admitted it was weird she just made out with Brian after only knowing him a day. Then again, she couldn't say she was surprised by herself as she had kissed a random boy for no reason. Slept with them. But that was many boyfriends ago. Sheila had dated a few guys in her lifetime, but she didn't really love any of them.

Brian was different. She couldn't help but feel like she was...falling for him. She hadn't felt like that towards anyone before. Still, she wanted to get to know Brian better. She feared she would scare him off despite her experience.

The geek glanced over at Sheila. He felt strange that a random girl like her would just kiss him. He wondered if that meant anything. Did she love him? Were they an item? Was this a real or just a drug induced fling that just randomly happened? Was she trying to get into his pants?

Usually girls used guys like him to make their boyfriends jealous or as pretend dates to hide the fact that they were dating bad boys that their parents didn't approve of. He was a toy to be played with and discarded when they grew bored.

Sheila didn't seem like she was using him. But he couldn't be too sure about her intentions. She enjoyed talking to him. Shared some intimate details about herself with him. While he did have a crush on her, after that steamy, drug induced make out session, he wondered about where this was going.

The redhead looked at him, resting the back of her head on the couch, sitting next to Andrew. She had her legs crossed, her hair was tied up in an over the shoulder pony tail with a black jelly bracelet.

"Well...that was pretty..." Sheila began. "Did you enjoy that little promise?"

Brian nodded, tugging at his collar. "Yea...I did," he said.

"Maybe we can do it again? After detention? If you want...that is. No pressure."

"Sure," he said. "I'd love to...I'd have to ask my parents though."

Sheila nodded, decided that was the case, given Brian had told her his parents were strict. She wondered what they would think of her.

"Do you think they'd approve of me?" she asked.

The blond swallowed. He couldn't imagine introducing Sheila to his mother. One look at this bold, foul mouthed, redheaded tomboy would be met with instant disapproval. She would view her as nothing more than a distraction.

"I think they would," he lied. "They'd be ecstatic to know I had a girlfriend...provided it doesn't interfere with my studies."

Sheila frowned a bit. Now she really wondered why was he studying so much? Did he really never have time to do fun things after school?

"Do you ever do anything for fun?" she asked.

"Sometimes. I study a lot though," he said.

"What do you do for fun?"

"I like playing games. And the clubs I'm in."

She smiled, glad to know that he had some interests other than studying all the time.

"Maybe we can study together at each other's houses on weekends too?" she suggested. "Given I've transferred in the middle of the semester, I feel really lost and all."

"Happy to help, Sheila," he said. "You can meet my parents."

"And you can meet my grandpa. I know he'd certainly approve of you."