Chapter 7

Shout out to @MyMindsAGalxy for finding the Harry Potter reference in the last chapter. If you didn't find it look at their comment. Tell me if I should do more of these or if I should just stick to the story. No lets get back on topic and on with the book.

After what seemed like days of running, but in reality would of only been a few hours we stopped. Now you may think that HYDRA would be able to find us easily after running for only a few hours. But me and Winter got a lot father than the distance of a marathon in the last four hours. With everything hydra did to us we could manage about 75 mph. (According to Google). So we are at least 300 miles from HYDRA. And given the fact that we took one of the least obvious routes it will be a very long while for them to catch up with us.

In the meantime me and Winter are working on getting some transportation besides our feet. We might be fast but we need rest too.

Winter was talking to a car dealer while I stood watch. I still looked really young, according to my partner. So we were saying I am his son and our car broke down a few miles outside the city, which by the way is a small town in California.

About 20 minutes later Winter walked out of the dealership twirling a ate of keys in his hand. He smirked at me and we walked over to our new car. Winter had used a fake ID. (I didn't ask how he had fake ID's on him, I don't want to know). As of now he is Jacob Lewis and I am his son Issac.

After the dealership we went through a drive through and left the small town. We knew we couldn't stay anywhere long, especially this close to the base. We drove another 250 miles before we decided the turn in for the night. We were in some road side town with a good size park with a car path. We drove in and found a small secluded clearing where we spent the night.

The next morning we headed out again. We stopped at a store and got some new close and well as some food and other random items. We went to a diner for breakfast. After we ate we headed to the bathroom. Winter had shoulder length hair, which made his easy to spot. So I cut it. I cut it all off. (A/N please don't kill me!) I gave his a clean cut hair do that was short on the sides and longer on top.

My hair also made me easy to spot. It was clean cut but pretty even. Winter gave me a hair cut in the same style of his.

Once we were new people we left and got back on the road.

Time Skip
Winter

Currently I was sitting in the reclined passenger seat while the kid drove. I was supposed to be sleeping, but I couldn't. I saw something three days ago that was keeping me awake.

We had been on the run for three months. We were in southern Canada about 200 miles north of Minnesota. We had been trying to scatter the very small trail we had left behind. We stopped as little as possible, sleeping in the car and buying batches of food at stores when we do stop.

About three days ago our car got a flat and we didn't have a spare. Luckily we were on the outskirts of a town. We called a tow company and had to spend the night in a motel. I saw something that night that was bothering me.

The kid was taking a shower while I was watching the news. I needed to make sure no one was in our trail.

"In other news Tony Stark is continuing the search of his son Percy Stark." The anchor women on tv was talking as an image of a middle aged man appeared on the screen. "It has been aver four years since his son went missing. Many believe that he is dead, but Mr Stark is adamant that Percy is alive. He continues his search, and we ask that if anyone has seen Percy or have any tips on him, please call the number below."

I looked back up at the TV, and was I saw stunned me. Not only did I recognize the kid, he was within 20ft of me. The kid I have seen as a brother the last two years, the weapon hydra made, is Percy Stark.

I turned the TV off and started pacing the room. I had to idea what I was going to tell the kid. We had been traveling for two months already. We knew we couldn't run forever, but neither of us thought he would find a home in New York. I didn't know what to do.

Time Skip
Destroyer

I got out of the shower, and was instantly dry. While I knew I had to keep my powers secret from the public, me and Winter agreed I should try to become as powerful as possible. If hydra found us, they wouldn't know about my powers so I could save us.

I walked out into our room, and saw that Winter was worried about something.

"What's up?" I ask as I sit down next to him.

For a moment Winter said nothing and just rubbed his face. Then finally he sighed and looked at me, "I know who you are."

I just looked at him confused, "Yeah I know who you are too. Winter why are you acting weird?"

He shook his head again, "You don't understand, I know who you were before hydra. I know what life they took from you. I know!"

I'm shocked, he knows about my old life. I had just excepted the fact that I would never find my old family again. I just figured I would never find out. But I guess not.

"How" I ask quietly.

"It was on the news. Tony Stark the billionaire, his son Percy has been missing for over four years. HYDRA got you just over four years ago."

I shake my head. "That could just be a coincidence."

Winter smiled, "Is this a coincidence?" He turned on the TV and showed a paused picture of me. I was younger in it, but it was definitely me.

"I found them kid. I found your family."