Chapter 22

It was the last game for Little League before summer vacation began. Arizona, Callie and Teddy were cheering on the benches. Although it rained the previous day and the ground was slippery. The kids were excited and there was not one child that wasn't covered in dirt. Arizona loved the smile on Josh's face. He was beaming. She's never seen him this happy.

"Are you letting him go out with the team tonight?" Callie asked Arizona. The last game meant they were all getting awards and medals later, no matter the tonight's score.

Arizona nodded. Halfway through the season she had to stop being their coach and focus on being a surgeon. But they hired another one. "I spoke to the coach so she know what to do if Josh starts feeling sick and that they have to administer the insulin before meals. I also told Josh not to eat too much. He just recovered from a stomach bug."

Callie smiled. "So that means you're free tonight?"

"Ah yes. Do you have any plans?" Arizona teased.

Callie chuckled. "Depends. Want to come over after the game?

Arizona smiled and gently nudged Callie's hip with her own. "I do."

Teddy gagged. "It's not very polite to make plans about having sex when your very lonely, very sad friend is standing right next to you. And by the way you just missed some kid tripping over the base. It was pretty funny."

"Kids tripping is not funny," Arizona pointed out. "And we're not making plans to have sex."

"Well it kinda is," Callie whispered and laughed. She then leaned closer to Arizona and whispered her ear "we might be making sexy time plans". They still haven't had sex and it wasn't something she felt was necessary. It was Arizona's comfort that came first.

Arizona blushed slightly and gently swatted Callie's hand away from her hip but somehow ended up holding it with their fingers laced together. They stopped keeping it a secret. When people found out they simply found out. And no one was shocked really because of their history. "Oh my god look at Josh," she said worriedly. Josh has gotten pretty wild during softball. He kept throwing himself on the ground and ended up in bruises. But Arizona was grateful that he was having a normal childhood.

"Look at Sof too. She's so dirty and her elbow is scratched," Callie pointed out. Sofia was one of the three girls on the team. There was no discrimination, everyone played. But boys didn't go any easier on them.

"They're all so happy though," Teddy said. Not one kid was not smiling.

Arizona laughed. "Well they're winning. And afterwards they get to eat a greasy pizza. I'd be smiling too."

"Mind if I take Josh for the night? I'm so bored and my godchild is probably sick of you already," Teddy said. "We could totally have a movie night." Arizona frowned at her. "What? I promise I won't show him any of that gross medical videos. And no horror movies. And no blood action moves. We'll watch an animated movie. Like Toy Story or Finding Nemo."

"Toy story makes you cry," Arizona pointed out.

Teddy gasped. "Only the third movie."

Arizona and Callie laughed. "You can have him tonight. But don't let him sleep in and please no energy drinks in the morning," Arizona said. Doctors or not everyone had an unhealthy habit and Teddy has recently fell in love with energy drinks.

Arizona screamed loudly as the game ended and Josh's team won. But even the other team was happy. Kids ran to their parents and Arizona winced as Josh jumped on her, covering her in dirt. "Hey bud. Oh wow you're heavy," she teased. She set him on the ground and ran her eyes over his uniform. His pants were torn over his knee. "You scratched your knee." Although she knew it was only superficial and that the blood was minimal she couldn't help but worry.