"Calm down. I need you to lay back down. I need to heal you," he said, calmly. Liam touched my forehead, brushing the hair back. "You're okay, Sage." 

I glanced down at my shoulder, the once ivory sweater now soaked in blood. Through the holes in the fabric I could see my skin. Somehow, it was healed over, but was still bloody and scarred. 
I whimpered pitifully, looking up at him. 

"Sage. I promise, I won't hurt you. I'm helping you." 

This time he took the initiative, pushing me down into the pillows. My heart picked up, tears filling my eyes. Liam's gaze softened as he sat on my hips, one hand cupping my cheek. 

"Hey, hey, sweetness. Don't cry. I've got you." 

He lifted his wrist to his mouth, one of his canines elongating. He swept it across his wrist, blood dripping out. "Okay. Open up." 

I shook my head, flinching as a drop hit my cheek. "Pet. Open your sweet little mouth." 

With a defeated whine, I did. He pressed his wrist to my mouth. My eyes shut as his blood dropped onto my tongue. It was bitter, and I nearly choked on it, gagging slightly. But I held it down. 

"Good girl. Now swallow." 

I did. I sighed when all the pain in my body slowly vanished, and his arm was removed. "Good girl," he repeated gently.

"What did I do?" I whispered. 

He was already getting off of me, walking over to where a tray of food was set down. "Hm?" 

"Y-you attacked me. D-didn't I do something wrong?" I quizzed. "Whatever it was, I am sorry. I didn't know." 

"You did nothing wrong." 

"Then, why-"

Liam stuffed a piece of watermelon in my mouth, shutting me up. "We aren't going to talk about it, okay? Drop it." 

"But-"

"Sage! Do you wish to be punished?" 

"I just want some answers!" I cried. 

He scoffed, rolling his eyes. "We don't all get what we want, pet. The sooner you learn that the better. Now eat." 

With a grunt, I stuffed the deliciously ripe fruit into my mouth, frowning as it was gone all too quickly.

"Alright. I'll bring you some more fruit while you wash up. Go shower," he directed, helping me off the bed. 

"M-Master?" 

Liam grinned at the name. "Yes, sweetheart?" 

"Can I have something besides fruit?" 

He shook his head. "Sorry. You're almost the perfect weight for me. Now go on, shower." 

I did as he said, and a few minutes later I was washing the dried blood from my shoulder and leg. On my calf, there were small little red marks left over from where he had bitten me, but looked as if they were simple little scratches. My shoulder, on the other hand, still looked red and inflamed, the skin puckered. 

As I touched it, tingles shot down my body, even my toes felt funny. It was going to leave an ugly scar. 

I washed my hair and the rest of my body, then just stood under the hot water, breathing deeply. 

"Sage? Are you alright?" Liam called. 

"Yes, I'm fine!" 

I heard the bathroom door open, and I shuddered in fear. Don't let him come in here. "Come out now, please." 

After yesterday, I wasn't chancing him getting angry with me again, so I got out. Liam had his head turned away, but a towel held out in his arms. I carefully stepped into the fabric, and Liam tucked it around me. 

I gazed up at him as he looked at me, his eyes falling to the inflamed mark on my shoulder. He brushed his fingers over it, and a shudder ran through my body, too big for me to cover up. Liam smiled at that. 

"Does it hurt?" He asked. 

I shook my head slowly, but felt the tightness there. "It is a bit sore," I commented. 

Liam then grinned wider at me. This was a grin I had yet to see from him. I had only seen cruel, cocky smiles, which sometimes turned wicked. Other times it was a smile that said "you're so stupid it's cute". This smile was not only genuine, but full of admiration. Not a drop of evil or anger, not a hint of sarcasm within it. 

This smile was one that terrified me. Because I could handle the others, I knew how to react. But with this, I was left clueless. 

This smile made Liam's whole face light up, his eyes crinkling adorably. It turned him from a fierce animal to a warm puppy. 

He blinked a couple times, then all emotion was wiped from his face, as if he too was surprised by it. 

"Get dressed. We are going to have lunch with the pack," he grumbled, shoving clothes in my arms roughly. 

"O-okay."