3. Dressed

Chapter Three - 

I didn't realize I passed out then until I woke up later. The nameless man was gone, and when I tried to stand, I was pulled back down to the box. The collar was tied to a chain, attached to the wall. I could hear his voice, speaking to another. They were approaching the room.

"She's quite lovely. Nineteen, but doesn't look a day over fifteen. I just need her down to the right size and to destroy her defiance before she's perfect. Would you like to see her?" He asked someone. 

"Mate, you know I'm not comfortable seeing what you do with human girls..." the voice said softly, kindly. 

My 'master' had sounded kind at first too. The door creaked open and I ducked beneath the blanket in my box like a fearful animal. 

"Sage. Come here," he commanded. 

I peeked out from the blanket, biting my lip. The familiar man glared at me, jerking his chin. I obediently sat up, still chewing my bottom lip. 

"Isn't she a pretty pet?" 

"Yeah, yeah, Liam." I glanced at his friend. He was a bit shorter than Liam, and blonde hair slicked up. "Hello, Sage - is it?" He greeted me. "I'm Niall." 

"Hi," I said shyly. 

"Anything you need, Sage?" Liam asked. 

I swallowed, my throat dry. "C-can I have some water?" 

"Sure, pet. You are hungry as well, I assume. We will be back with those  soon." 

I nodded slowly. "U-um... Sire?" I whispered. 

"Yes?" 

"Can I take this off?" I motioned towards the leather around my neck. 

Niall grinned at me, obviously surprised by my request. 

Liam gazed at me for a moment. While he had loosened it at some point when I passed out, it was still uncomfortable and embarrassing. "No," he said curtly, slamming the door behind him and Niall. 

A whimper left my lips, and I tugged helplessly at the leash keeping me in one place. I tentatively touched the buckle of the collar, and found it very simple to open and shut. Had he left it like that to tempt me? To see if I would take it off so he could punish me? 

Probably. 

<> 

"Sage, wake up," a soft voice murmured, nudging my shoulder. 

Somehow I had fallen asleep. When Liam said they'd be back soon, I thought he meant like fifteen minutes. But after two hours of waiting, I gave into the thought I wasn't going to eat today. 

"Liam is in a meeting, but I brought you some food," Niall said. 

I sat up excitedly, my stomach mewling for meal. It was a plate of fruit, but I didn't care. I inhaled it in less than five minutes, the sweet fruit filling my senses. Niall then passed me a water bottle. I downed that quickly. 

"Thank you." 

"Sure. Um... Liam'd kill me for saying this, but I am sorry this had to happen to you. I can't imagine how this must make you feel. And if I were him I'd let you go the second I realized you're ma- you're... the second I realized you're not meant to be here," he muttered. 

I lifted my head, not noticing his little slip up. All I heard him say was let me go. "Are you saying you'll help me escape?" I asked hopefully. 

He sighed sadly, sitting on the bed. "No, I can't. I should tell Liam you even asked me that, but I won't."