Chapter 19: Athletic Trials

Start from the beginning

Lindsay grabbed his marshmallow and took a bite.

"Oh, don't eat it! Block it!" Courtney told Lindsay in her normal demanding tone.

"Courtney your-" Beth started

But Courtney wasn't listening.

"Play dirtier."

I was about to draw my attention to what Beth was trying to say until Duncan chuckled.

"What?" Courtney asked.

"I like when you talk like that." Duncan smiled at her.

Courtney sharply glared at him. I patted her shoulder.

"Don't pay him any mind. He obviously didn't learn from the Prehistoric movies."I said. I leaned closer to her ear." Teach him a lesson." I whispered and the leaned back and smiled crossing my arms.

"Oh, I will." Courtney said with a sneaky grin.

The rounds contiued to go on. Courtney covered her eyes at the sight of Chef. Lindsay got back up for round two.

Harold kept slowly attempting to attack but Lindsay kept dodging with ease.

"Come on Harold baby! You got the movers, you got the grooves!" Leshanwa said dancing.

"Why thanks Leshawana. It's nice to-" Harold started but got punched in the face.

"One. Two. Three." Chris counted.

"Get up Harold!" Leshawana encouraged.

"Four five six seven eight nine ten. And the winner is-is-is-is. Harold and the screaming Gaffers." Chris annouced.

The Gaffers cheered.

"Huh? But I knocked him out." Lindsay said.

"He scored a bunch of extra points for doing such great slow motion. And I had to doc you biting. Very unsportsmanlike miss.Tyson. " Chris told her.

"This was fixed. Chris going down." Lindsay said about to hit Chris but me, Justin and Courtney held her back.

+

We then headed to a badminton Court

"Hey. It's a miniature tennis racket. Where are the miniature tennis balls and how come the net is so stupidly high?" Justin asked.

"This is a badminton court, Justin." Chris told him

"There was never sports movie about badminton." Justin told Chris." That would be seriously lame."

"There was a movie about badminton. And it was very un-lame. And it stared the very talented... me." Chris said as no one said anything." Thanks for asking. I'd love to recreate my finest scene."

Chris got into character.

"I just want you to know. You guys are the best darn badminton I've had the pleasure of coaching." Chris said." You're beacons of freedom. Go show the Olympic Committee we desevre a shot. Show them. It's not badminton. It's goodminton. Heck, It's greatminton. Now get out there and win one for the flipper." Chris acted.

+

Chris sat down after his big performance.

"Playing for supremacy in our second round Aaron and Heather." Chris annouced.

"Me against him? Piece of cake. This dweeb had to cheat his way back into this game." Heather commented.

"Oh yeah? Well I hope you like butter. Because you're about to be toast." I said, getting in position.