Chapter 19: Athletic Trials

Start from the beginning

"You can do this one without me!" Heather stated.

"Gotta side with Leshanwa on this one." Duncan stepped in." You're doing it."

"Pfft. We got this." Courtney winked at me.

"Yeah. We came back to win." I grinned.

Chris blew his whistle.

Us Grips started running through tires. But they ended up getting stuck on our feet.

"These are so not normal tires." Beth said.

"My feet keep getting stuck." Lindsay added.

"Oh, really. I'm sorry." Chris said sarcastically. "Wait 'till they get a load of the mouse trap."

Suddenly mouse traps started going off in the tires that our feet were stuck in. We all tried to move our feet to avoid them.

"Snap to it losers." Chris told us.

+

Next, we were crawling through a mud pile. Similair to the one during the boot camp one in season one.

"I have never seen my school football team doing this." Courtney complained.

"Yeah. Dido. This is ridiculous." I added.

"You're right. But we had some mud and barbed wire left over from the war movie and it just seemed fun to me. Is it?" Chris asked smiling as we all groaned.

+

We finally got out of that muddy mess.

"That truly bit." Duncan scoffed.

"Who won anyway?" Courtney asked.

Chris tallied up the results.

"Nobody!" Chris annouced.

"Huh?" We all questioned.

"It was just to establish who's playing who for the real contest." Chris told us." We're running four sports contest with competitors seated according to these results." Chris annouced.

"Seated? There's a gardening challenge?" Lindsay asked cluelessly.

Courtney face palmed. I sighed at her cluelessness.

+

We went to the boxing ring to watch Harold go up against Lindsay.

"In the right corner-ner-ner-ner" Chris said through his mic making his own echo effects." From the Killer Grips-ips-ips-ips. The blonde bombshell. The live Lollapalooza. The blue eyed bruiser. LIIIINDSAAAAY!" Chris annouced as us Grips smiled at her.

"And in the left coner-ner-ner-ner. From the Screaming Gaffers-ers-ers-ers! The diluted dork. The lightweight loser. The knock-need-numb skull. HAAAAROLD!" Chris annouced.

"Me? Why me?" Harold asked.

"'Cause you and Lindsay came in last in the football drills. Loser vs. Loser. We're going to build to the top two players." Chris told Harold.

"Glove me." Harold said. They gave him giant marshmallow gloves.

"But, these are marshmallow." Harold said.

"Props. So you don't hurt those pretty actor faces. And in true boxing movie traditions. You'll be fighting in SLOOOOOOW MOOOOOOTIOOOON" Chris annouced.

Harold got in the ring, ready to fight Lindsay. They rung the bell. Harold tried to hit Lindsay but she dodged.

"Take that." She said punching him in the face. Harold was moving in slow motion. Harold was slowly knocked back but the slowly came back and attempted to punch Lindsay.