Chapter 7: Katsuki Bakugou

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Katsuki," she called out, gaining the boys attention.

He glanced up from his phone with a blank expression before his eyes widened and he asked, "Izumina?"

"Yeah?" She asked innocently.

"Oh..." Katsuki stated, gaining back his cold exterior. "It's nothing. What do you want?"

Izumina grimaced. 'Well that was cold,' she thought. She regained her composure and said, "I just, you know, wanted to say hi." She smiled once more, awkwardly. "It's been a while."

Katsuki looked slightly stunned. As if the idea of her having an actual conversation with him was bewildering. "Seriously?!" He asked, slightly raising his voice.

Immediately Izumina lost all her confidence. She stuttered a response. "W-wh-what?"

"You could've walked up to me all year and said that! What the fuck took you so long?"

Izumina quickly got defensive and put up a good point. "I'm sorry Katsuki, I didn't want to put YOU through the embarrassment of being friends with a quirkless kid. I figured it'd be good for your ego without Izuku and I socializing with you. We're a package deal in case you hadn't realized!" It was true, her an Izuku were a package deal. She hadn't planned on saying all that to Katsuki, but when provoked she just... snapped.

Katsuki stared back at her with a blank expression. Izumina couldn't tell from the look on his face, but inside Katsuki felt nothing but remorse, guilt, and a fizzling anger, not towards Izumina but towards that idiot Deku who she'd chosen over him... and partially towards himself.

Izumina heaved a great sigh before saying, "You know what, I was hoping we could catch up, but clearly I'm not worth the time to you. I'll see you in class, Bakugou Katsuki." She turned to leave but stopped when Katsuki called out to her.

"Wait..."

She stood in place. Not turning to face him, but giving him the chance to talk.

Katsuki paused for a moment, to consider a plan of action. Option one, he could lash out. He was angry with himself more than anyone, but nobody needed to know that. It was the choice he usually chose when confrontation was a course he could take. On the other hand something he couldn't describe, deep in his gut, told him otherwise. To pick another option, but he wondered if there even was such a thing? If not, well he just had to make one up for himself, and quickly.

"I really missed you..."

Izumina turned around, with a look of interest.

"You left, out of the blue... And it was shitty of you to leave without saying goodbye.Yourself. Without sending that damn nerd to do it for you." Katsuki averted the brunette's gaze and stared at a spot on the floor next to him.

Izumina was at a loss for words.

"I'm not gonna say sorry, if that's what you're waiting for! You've ignored me ever since you came back, didn't even have the decency to say hi, till now. So I'm not sorry, and you better know it!"

Katsuki worked up the nerve to look up. When he did, he locked eyes with a pair of emerald green ones, and the biggest smile he'd ever seen.

"What's so damn great?! Wipe that smile off your face, ya damn..." he thought of an insult. "Damn dork!"

Izumina's smile faltered. "Listen Katsuki, you don't know what happened that night. I left in a rush, why exactly I don't even remember. I was with my mom..." Her voice cracked slightly when she mentioned her mother, it had been roughly a year since she had died, yet she still couldn't bring herself to talk about it. "I left with her. I wanted to say goodbye to you, honestly I did, It's just that... well I barely had enough time to say goodbye to Izuku that night, who lived right across the street from me. Would you rather I had left without any sort of message?"