Chapter 12-

Sonic's POV

Shadow turned his head away and sighed loudly. I put my hand on his shoulder and bent down. "Hey...are you okay?"

"What do you think?!"

He changed a lot... He's not the same like he was before; not the edgy one, and not the heartless one. But now depressed... I don't like this. I don't want him to feel useless! How did this happen!? Maybe the whole possession thing..I'll never be sure.. But I need to make him feel better now! I will give him all the love that I can give to him!

••••

"Shadow...answer me, I'm worried about you... you've changed ever since you played that Ouiji board,"

"It's not only that!! You wouldn't understand!" He inhaled sharply and tried to keep his volume down a little. "I just...regret everything.."

"Regret?"

"Yes... I've taken so many people's lifes before... I wanted to kill my own boss for peet sakes! What is wrong with me? I don't understand.. Why do I have to be the one who hurt others? Kill to be exact,"

"But, you were created to get rid of-" I was cut off when I received a slap through my face. I looked to the side and widened my eyes while Shadow sat up. He turned to me and pinned me down to the bed, his face was inches away from mine. His pupils went small and his lips were in a form of a frown. "Never say that again. No, I was not made to kill. I was created to help others with their illnesses, but I guess that the hero himself can't see that!"

He got up and stomped out of the room. The priest awkwardly stood there. I got up and threw my money at him before running to Shadow. I quickly grabbed his shoulders and made him turn around to face me.

"Shadow...I'm sorry,"

"Don't you dare come to me with that fucking shit! Don't you know how long I suffered!? Dont you know how long I had to deal with my psychotic self!?" Shadow looked at me as tears full of shame weld up in the corner of his eyes. He brought his hands to his eyes and covered them while he slowly walked towards me and leaned against me. He clearly needed some love so I reacted fast and hugged him instantly. Suddenly a loud sob came from him as he finally burst out into tears.

I'm such an idiot.... Why did I have to hurt him like that...? I'm a failure of a boyfriend... I'm so sorry Shadow... Maybe I can make it up to you? Yes, I'll bring you with me so we can watch the beautiful sunset, maybe to the lake and watch the glimmering water. Ah...the cemetery is also a calming place. We can visit the people you've killed....you can ask them for their forgiveness...

"Hey Shadow....? Uhm, you're upset about the whole killing thing, right? Well...we can go to the cemetery and apologize to the people you killed before...You will set their souls free if you do so."   

After a while of pure silence,
Shadow looked at me and wiped his tears away, and smiled as he gradually took my hand and gripped it. His mood changed quickly which left me surprised, but relieved.