Chapter 29: Riding a Monster

We quickly, yet sneakily crept towards where the little monster lay. Well, I call it small yet it could easy swallow us alive. It was smaller than the other ones. 

Ami flew in front of Alex and I, stopping us. She motioned for us to stay behind while she made sure the creature was asleep. We nodded in understanding and watched from a distance. Ami flew as quietly as she could manage, and landed on in front of the monster. 

The monster then sniffed the air and began to stir. Ami stayed, standing her ground. She was brave and wouldn't hesitate to take down someone twice her size. Or in this case, ten times her size. 

The monster opened its mouth and let out a huge snort. Alex and I covered our mouths from laughing at the sight, and from disgust. The creature at decided to cover poor Ami in it's drool. She was soaking from head to toe. 

She tried not to show she was disgusted and instead wiped the saliva off her face, motioning to us that the cost was clear. Alex started to move first and I followed after. When we reached drool-trenched Ami, we stifled our giggles and gave her an apologetic smile. 

Shrugging, Ami motioned for us to quickly get on the back of the beast. Alex went first, then me, and lastly Ami. She sat behind the creatures long, bunny like ears. The back of the creature had spikes that had enough spaces in between them for Alex and I to sit comfortably. 

There was just a tiny problem. How would we get the monster to go where we wanted it to go? How would we make it do anything? Ami seemed to catch that Alex and I were questioning her decision. Out of nowhere, she pulled out what looked like to be reins and a bridle that would be used on a horse. 

Alex and I gave her a puzzling look. Ami, in return, just rolled her eyes before moving her palm and setting it on the beasts head. In a matter of seconds, the bridle and reins were in place and on the monster. The monster seemed to have noticed that it was hearing a halter and immediately stood up. I quickly grabbed onto the nearest spike on the creatures back and held on. 

As it stood, it could feel the weight of something on its back and started to buck like a wild horse would when it was getting broken. Alex and I hung on for dear life while Ami flew and sat in between us on the spike. She told us how to get the monster to stop bucking and we listened. 

After what seemed like forever, the monster eventually stopped and stood on all fours calmly. It shook its head, trying to get rid of the bridle but having no such luck. Ami then whispered to Alex and I to kick our legs against the monsters side. 

Hesitantly, we did as we were told. The monster jerked forward and began running at full speed...the problem? It was going in the opposite direction that we needed it to go. Alex then whispered to me, 

"Grab the reins!" 

The reins laid against the creatures neck. I was seated the closets to the head of the monster, and I could easily grab a hold of them. Ami was seated in front of us, but was too tiny to control the monster. She did the most she could and now it was up to Alex and I. 

I nodded, and reached a shaky hand out for the reins. As soon as they were firm in my grasp, I quickly changed the monster's direction and got it back on track. The monster was now going the way we wanted. 

We all let out a cowboy like cry and continued to ride the monster. Who knew riding a monster would be like riding a horse?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: 

Hey hey! Hope your all enjoying my book so far! 

I apologize if my horse knowledge isn't correct. I don't ride horses, so I might not be correct. 😅 Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. 

Have a good day! 

~Azzie out! 🏇