Chapter 4: MISSING VENESSA ROYAL

I had been having a wonderful dream. In my dream, I had gone to the "other world" that my sister talked about. When I went there, it was so different from my world. The people there didn't seem to care about talent as much, and they said everyone was equal.

I got jostled awake by my mother frantically shaking me to no ends. Her dirty blonde hair frizzy and going every which way.

"What happened to Venessa!?" Mother screamed at me. For some reason, she must have thought that that would bring Venessa because she kept screaming the same thing over and over. 

Over her screaming, I could hear my father's loud booming voice on the phone. Probably with the police. I knew this would happen the minute Venessa crept out of that window last night. There was no way my...our parents wouldn't notice their "star" child gone. Now all they have left is me, a literal nobody. Should have just named me Nobody Royal. Even my last name makes me feel like a complete failure! Someone with the last name like Royal should have a special talent. 

Eventually my mother got over her screaming fit and grabbed my arm. She yanked me out of bed and began to pull me with her down stairs. Once down stairs, she pushed me onto the couch. Father snapped his phone shut and narrowed his icy blue eyes at me. No warmth could be found. 

"You knew about this didn't you!?" Father's loud voice boomed out. My mother was pacing around the room. 

"I swear I didn't!" I put up my hands in surrender. 

"You told us she was with her friend! You knew that she was going to run away! You knew!" My mother pointed a finger at me and cried. 

I sighed and glanced down. It wasn't completely false or true. I didn't know about my big sister's plans to run away until later that night. At the time I told them about her meeting up with a friend, I had no clue. If I did know, I probably would have warn them somehow so they wouldn't lose the most precious thing to them. The only reason they lived was now taking away from them. In her place was their other daughter with no potential at all. 

"ANSWER YOUR MOTHER!" My father boomed. While my mother was talking, he had somehow made his way over to where a picture of us as a family. He had picked it up and took the picture out of the frame. Crumbling it up, he turned to face me. 

"I told you! I DIDN'T KNOW!" I half shouted. I didn't want to make my parents even more madder. 

"Go to your room NOW!" My mother commanded me. She was looking at the picture that my father had crumpled up into a ball. 

As soon as I got the okay to, I bolted to my room. The moment I shut my door, the shouting began. I couldn't understand what they were talking about, but it seemed like they were still going of about my disappearing sister. 

I quickly pulled my phone out of my pocket. I began to reread the text that Alex had sent me last night. The text I had received had made me even more curious yet skeptical at the same time. 

Me: 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬

Alex: 𝐨𝐤. 𝐬𝐨, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧. 𝐈𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭. 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐯𝐞𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐲 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐞. 𝐋𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐬𝐚𝐲, 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭, 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫. 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭. 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫. 𝐑𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 😱

I never answered Alex, but I figured now was as good of a time as any to meet up with him. Before I sent him a text him, I creeped to my door. Opening it slightly I peeked through the crack, I saw my parents. They were still yelling at each other and then at a phone that my father had in his hand. Knowing that they wouldn't know, I sent a text to Alex asking him to meet me at the park in 20 minutes. 

Alex: 👍

I decided that the easiest way out would be through my sister's window. Carefully, I snuck out of my room and into her room which was, thankfully, located next to mine. Going into her room was weird, even more so knowing that she would never return. As I closed the door, I hurried to open the window with as little sound as possible. Looking at the tree made me wonder how Venessa did it. That tree does not look stable but oh well. 

I carefully made my way onto the thick tree branch that was only a few feet from the ground. Looking down would be a bad idea since I am scared of heights but continued to make my way the middle of the tree where with much effort, slide down the trunk. The moment my feet hit the ground, I let out a little breath of relief. Luckily I had put on a pair of old white and red vans and had been smart enough to always keep the spare house key with me in my shoes (the shoes that I picked to wear). 

As I began walking towards the park, I realized that I had forgotten my earbuds on my desk. I shrugged my shoulders and figured that I would just have to get to the park as soon as I could. It took me not to long to reach it after I got out of my neighborhood. I noticed that I past by an ad in the paper. The title read: 

MISSING GIRL NAMED VENESSA ROYAL

I knew that Venessa would be on the news everywhere in our town. There was no way she wouldn't be, as popular as she was. I decided to pick up a copy to read on the way to the park. I payed the man selling them and open it, reading while walking. The entire article listed all of her achievements, awards, and listed of course, her many talents. I must have gotten to the park sooner than I thought I would because I soon found myself at the front gate of the park. I looked to the right and saw Alex walking my way. 

The closer he got, the more he saw the newspaper I had in my hand. He looked confused as to why my sister's name was in the paper. 

"Is that your sister's name in the.....MISSING SECTION..!?"