A Lot Can Change in Two Years (Chapter 5)

Start from the beginning

We even started telling each other more in depth personal things.

*Flashback to the beginning of 2011*

"Hey, are you busy right now?" Ari asks when I pick up my phone when he calls me one Saturday afternoon.

"Nah, not really. What's up?"

"I gotta talk to you. Gotta tell you something important."

"Ok, what's going on?" I ask, throwing myself on my bed face first.

"Sooo, Charlie and I had sex last night."

"WAAAAA???? Seriously?! I'm honestly surprised you even did. You seemed like you were gonna wait forever. Every time I see you two together, you're always flirting with each other and all up on each other. You guys have been dating what? Three months?"

"Hey, no judgement! I think I mostly needed time to get over the fact that I was about to fuck my best friend. Haha."

"Well, how was it for you? That was the first time for you right? Like, you were a virgin before?"

"Yeah. Honestly it was really weird at first, but second time it was a little better. Then the third time was great. Charlie gives great blowjobs."

"Third time?! Blowjobs?! Sheesh, you had some pent-up energy," I laugh.

"Well, yeah we got started pretty early. I went over to his house after school. Thankfully his parents weren't gonna be home for the weekend. Speaking of though, aren't you still a virgin? Last I checked you didn't have a guy gettin' 'all up in them guts', girl."

"ARI!"

We both laugh hysterically. He was right. I wasn't really the biggest fan of my looks, but I was slowly becoming more appreciative of the body and appearance God gave me. Partially due to the fact that Ari made it a point to tell me how beautiful I am every other day. It definitely helped me to take a better look at myself and be more accepting.

I also finally told Maya how I struggled with self-love and had no confidence in myself. She, being the best friend that she is, helped me to try and continue to build myself up. The both of them are true friends. I don't know how I went so long without Ari in my life as my friend, and why it took me so long to tell Maya how much I struggled. I guess the embarrassment and anxiety was too overpowering for me.

Lucky for her, she has no problem with confidence.
Maya is a beautiful Afro-Latina with dark brown, almost black, curly hair and "momma's famous chocolate chip cookies", colored skin. She once told me that she likes being compared to food when describing her appearance because she knows she is a "snacc".
She's got dark entrancing hazel eyes, is medium height, and has a developed curvaceous figure.

Guys loved to gawk at her. Even some girls, but she was "strictly dickly" as she likes to say. Long story short, Maya Esperanza Reyes didn't struggle with her appearance. She knew she was beautiful and smart and made sure people knew it. Not in a shallow vain way, but more so in the way of she knew what she was working with and didn't want people to think she was just a pretty face.

Sometimes I wish I could be as confident as her.

"No Arizona, I don't have anyone which means yes, I am still one," I say to him when I come back down to Earth.

"You know I'm just teasing you Nova. I think it's admirable that you are still one. I mean hey, I was still one till yesterday."

"Says the guy who just got fucked three times over," I say laughing again, "Besides, you didn't want to hook up with any of the girls who were throwing themselves at you, so you weren't having sex."