4

"Turn right at the next corner. He's expecting us so the gate should be open." Miso states.

Chanyeol nods and they pull up to the driveway and go up to the house. A maid comes to the door and takes their coats.

"Welcome to the castle, Miso and Chanyeol." A loosely dressed Jongdae comes.

"Hello." They simultaneously greet.

"Sorry I was in the middle of changing when I got the news of your arrival. I wanted to greet as soon as possible and be a good host to my dear friend."

"You remember it, too?"

"As soon as I saw your number I recognized it. All the memories came rushing back. But I dont know how to contact the others and figure out why we are here."

"They've all died in this world. You and Miso are the only ones alive. But I still dont understand what's going on." Chanyeol pipes in.

"I've done calculations, Yeol. Can I call you that? Miso, is this your boyfriend in this world? You've got good taste everywhere I guess."

"Whatever just explain it to me."

"Okay. Simply: multiverse. Somehow we ended up coming into a parallel world. I'm not sure how to travel from one to another.  We died and woke up here. We were told it was just a nightmare. Today is the day we left the other one. Time is continuing like nothing happened. Except, here, Jun died before anyone met. Sehun is the only one who lived nearly as long. But we never met cos Jun and Baek were the ones who knew each other first and were chasing Sehun for stealing from them. They tripped over me and ran into you. Somehow we ended up friends after that. Why were you one the street that day?"

"I was running from my parents."

"At five years old? Well, actually, you did have a temper."

"She still does."

"Yah, Chanyeol!"

"I've only known you in this world. I'm still wrapping my brain around this. We met when you were five at a party our parents were hosting. We were the only children so we snuck away. When you were 12 you confessed but wanted to wait to date. Then at 15 you said you were ready. At 19 we got engaged and moved in together. Next month we'll have our wedding." Chanyeol smiles at you; a lifetime of memories surrounding him.

"Reminds me of your relationship with Baekhyun." Jongdae smiles. Chanyeol's smile drops at the mention of the other man.

"A few things are different, though." Miso sighs.

"Yeah, you still look virgin here. Yeol must be the same age as him."

"I really dont wanna hear about her life with him."

"They fucked like rabbits."

"What did I just say?!?!"

"It was one time!"

"Why? Why can't I? What's different in this world than the other?"

The three decided to stop talking and eat. What was different? Everything. Why was Jongdae left? Why did they have memories of the other world? Was the only way to travel from one soul to another by dying? These and many more questions flooded the three souls that sat together. Chanyeol just wanted this to be over and wanted his life with Miso back. Jongdae wanted his friends back. Miso didnt know what she wanted. She wanted to stay with Chanyeol, but she wanted Baekhyun still. Was the only way to die? If they could figure out a way other than that, could she travel between both and keep both of her lovers? If she found Baekhyun, would he know her? He died in these two worlds. What if he doesnt know her in the next one either? Would it be better to just stay and learn to love Chanyeol again? Forget this other life? Pretend Baekhyun never existed?

"Jongdae, why didnt you remember until I called you?"

"I don't know, actually. I woke up screaming and one of my maids told me I'd had a nightmare. I drank some milk and went back to sleep. I woke up and had no memory of anything I'd dreamt of. Then I saw the phone number and recognized it. When I heard your voice it all came back."

"So going back to sleep, like I suggested, would have been better for us." Chanyeol sighed.

"It took longer for me to die and I saw more gruesome things than Dae. Of course I couldnt fall back to sleep. He only had to see Jun die. I saw all four of my friends die. The love of my life died in my arms and our child died with him. How can I-"

"Just leave it there! Here I am the love of your life! Stop giving excuses! I want to marry you! Dont leave me. Give him up. He's dead and you can't bring him back."

"Then why am I alive? I died, too, remember?" Miso holds back her tears.

"No. I don't. I didnt exist in the other world. Just please, let's leave this be. Pretend it was just a dream. Marry me. Have our children. Name one Baekhyun if you must. But please, it isnt worth crying over him or anyone. The only way is to die and I cant let you die. Please, grow old with me. When we die, we'll wake up and live again. Maybe in that world I'll be among your friends. We can grow old together in so many different lifetimes, even if we arent married or anything. Just being with you would be satisfying. But for now, please, be with me in this life. Be satisfied with me in this world. Love me. Please." Chanyeol smiles, tears upon his cheeks.

Miso again thinks long and hard. Jongdae simply watches the two of them. Chanyeol silently cries as he feels his heart breaking. Miso stares at her plate, contemplating what she would choose. Chanyeol was right. They could love together here and find each other again in the lives to come. The question was, is she ready to give up Baekhyun for this life? For Chanyeol?