Part 9

We will be talking about death today, so anyone who is weak at heart or something like that, please skip this chapter.

Warning: SENSITIVE DETAILS ABOUT DEATH AND GORE AHEAD! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

So, as an eleven year old kid, I was really, really naïve, and when I say naïve, I mean it. I was a kind soul... always putting others before me, and really irritating when I need something... not like I changed much either way. Anyways, this is not about me, so, as an eleven year old, what I saw on those tracks, scarred me, like heavily scarred me.

Again, I'm warning, this is seriously disturbing, please stop if you are weak at heart.

There was this small puppy, cut into half, on either sides of the track. It was clear it had a dirty blonde colour, but it's for was heavily matted with dirt. And its guts were spilling out, i still remember those red pink intestines haunting my brain, nope, I've grown used to that kind of gore stuff now. However, that day, it really scared me.

Jeez, just seeing a dead crow was scary for my nine year old self, despite not being bloody and all. As a kid, death terrified me, and now I've grown so comfortable that I'm seriously wondering how I'll die. I wish that Bipper came up to me and asked me if I wanted to know instead of Soos.

Well, as of recently, I wonder why, but I've been seeing a lot of decaying carcasses. There was this dog, that was so badly.... mutilated and dirty.... that I had to stare at it for a while to actually realize it was a dead animal and not an empty potato sack made of jute.

My sister turned me away and glared at me saying, what do you think you're looking at? That just made me realise, ouch.

So, we were travelling by car and on the road there was this upper half of a dog's body, it's intestines all over the road, and god knows where it's other half was.

I saw this stiff cow, that was dead. I've seen enough blood to know what colour belongs to cow, and which colour belongs to goat, dogs and humans... or maybe I do, I'm not sure.

But it's hard not to see when you are walking the road covered in that blood. When it's spilled everywhere, it's harder to avoid, and harder to not step on.

So, i probably shouldn't be speaking about corpses but, people transport corpses by train like they are mummies, and again, for my child self, that was freaking scary. I was always afraid of zombies and walking mummies but oh well. Right now, what concerns me more is the fact that we won't be able to live on Earth in just a billion years.

So guys, I'm pretty sure you all belong to different religions, or maybe you're atheist, but according to you, what happens to our conscience after death?