twenty four

*✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

  *✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

the morning that the gang had been dreading had arrived. the cabin looked uncomfortably empty, and it was almost unbelievable that they wouldn't be living in the place anymore.

the boys were standing in a group hug, their luggage in neat piles on the ground around their feet.

the group had always had one thing in common that they formed a tight tight bond over: their lives in the cabin together were better than their family lives. perhaps that's what made them so emotional, and it didn't help that a few of them had romantic feelings.

"i'm going to miss you guys." felix sniffled and wiped his eyes. "i need to get going, i have a plane to catch."

the aussie bid the boys goodbye, along with changbin who did the same, and followed the blonde out the door. with every member who exited through the door, pain stabbed jisung's heart.

"we'd better leave sooner than later, or else it'll be too hard to go." seungmin cleared his throat, and jeongin threw himself onto chan.

"i'll see you soon, 'innie. don't cry." chan hugged the maknae tightly before letting him go. jisung's heart sank seeing jeongin leave, it was like taking away sunshine.

"i'll see you guys. thank you, guys. i really mean it." hyunjin wamrly smiled and nodded before silently exiting the cabin. that left minho, jisung, and chan, who formed another group hug.

"i hope you guys stay happy. i'm becoming a counselor here next year. you'll come see me, yeah?" chan smiled, and the duo nodded.

"thank you for everything, chan." jisung smiled, and chan waved before stepping out of the doorway. jisung and minho picked up their bags, and hand in hand closed the door to the cabin.

jisung would miss walking through the woods on his favorite trail to the beach, or the soccer field, or to the archery range to watch minho. he'd miss the sunlight leaking through the trees, and seeing nearby bonfires at the other cabins.

the boys saw woojin on the way out and the counselor nodded at them with a warm smile, as to say 'i enjoyed my time with you. goodbye.'

"i'll walk you to the train station, okay?" minho said and jisung softly nodded.

they passed through the gates, officially leaving camp nineteen. they walked together, fitting in every last word before arriving at the train station.

"train now arriving, please stay behind the yellow line."

jisung looked to minho in a panic, who had a calm smile on his face, his chin quivering.

"i love you, 'sung. we'll see each other again. i promise." the words rolled off his tongue so naturally, filled with so much love and feeling. he wanted to hold the brunette and repeat it to him forever, but the train was pulling in the station as he spoke.

"i love you." jisung buried his face into the blonde, breathing in his scent one more time. he turned on his foot, not looking back, knowing it'd pain him more.

i promise, minho repeated to himself. i promise.

journal entry

i'm on the train once again. it's raining, which doesn't help my glum mood.

although i'm upset, i'm definitely satisfied with my stay at 19. i'd say it was worth all my saving up.

i now have six brothers, a favorite counselor, and a boy who i'm in love with.

jeongin made me smile whenever i was down, he was always the light of the cabin. seungmin is lucky to have him as a brother, and jeongin is lucky to have seungmin. i don't think i'll ever taste something as good as seungmin's cooking. changbin and hyunjin always acted so cool, and i was always in awe. although they seemed hard, i know they really cared about me and the others. i hope felix will enjoy being back in australia, i appreciate him, he was always there for me. and chan, i have never trusted someone as much as i trusted him, and i wish him the best as a counselor. as for minho, it goes without saying. i've never been in love with someone before, and he opened my eyes on what it was like to love something again after my sister's passing. i learned so much from everybody, and i can truly say my life was changed for the better.

i'll hold my memories from this camp close to my heart forever.

until next time, camp nineteen.

the end.

   *✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧