seventeen

(a/n) hi guys! i published a teaser for a new minsung au, i would really appreciate if you could go check it out! enjoy the chapter <3

  *✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

the following week, the boys had worked hard all day practicing for the camp olympics.

"today marks one week until the games!" jisung made a big red X on his calendar and grinned at it.

"should we have another practice day?" minho suggested, closing the magazine he was flipping through.

"i've already practiced so much soccer and volleyball as it is. i don't think i need to do anything today." the brunette responded as he flopped down on his bed, excited to rest.

"perfect! so that means you can come with me to the archery range!" minho grinned. "and before you oppose, you're the one who suggested it!"

"when did i-" jisung began, then realized he had no choice. "okay, fine."

the two quickly got ready to go and minho dragged jisung out of the house.

"i can't wait to show you!" minho looked to the ground and smiled to himself, his heart overflowing with excitement.  jisung chuckled under his breath. the two hopped through a shortcut they had found in the woods to the other side of the camp, where the archery range and tennis courts were located.

when they arrived in the vast field, archery targets were horizontally lined up. there was a wooden shack ahead, where jisung assumed they kept the bow and arrows. minho skipped over to the shack to quickly receive his supplies.

jisung trailed behind him, staying silent. he had figured that he'd just observe, since minho seemed like he had everything under control. there was a group of five a few targets down, and jisung tried to make out who it was. he couldn't see well, but one of them had bright red hair that stood out. 

"jisung!" minho grabbed the younger's attention, pulling him out of his thoughts. "watch this,"

the blonde swiftly shot three arrows, all of them landing in either 9 or 10. jisung, amazed, clapped for the older.

"i don't think you need much practice, you're nearly perfect already!" jisung smiled, and minho playfully rolled his eyes.

"i'm flattered. but i still want to score ALL 10's for the games." minho smiled and lowered the bow, holding out to the younger. "want to try?"

jisung shrugged and agreed. why not give it a shot?
the brunette quickly figured out that he'd have to use a lot of arm strength to pull back the string. his aim wasn't the greatest, and minho winced as the younger shot a 3.

"well, at least you tried." minho tried to hold in giggles and patted the embarrassed brunette on the back.

"i'll just stick to soccer." he muttered and minho took the bow back. he continued to observe the older as he shot perfect 10's in a row. his vision drifted over to the boys in the lane next to them. the group had huddled and looked over at minho, then moved closer to him.

"hey, 'sung," minho whispered before he shot. "you see that?"

"yeah," the brunette whispered back. "they're probably just eyeing out their competition."

"yeah, well i can beat them." minho smirked. he pulled back his arm, and before he released, his hand slipped and messed up the aim, the arrow landing on 3.
the group next to them bursted into laughter and minho snapped his head to look at them.

"something funny?" he lowered the bow to his side and approached the group. jisung put his head in his hands and sighed.

"a 3 is pathetic," the redhead piped up and handed their bow to the one with the black hair.

"and who the hell are you?" minho spat, raising an eyebrow.

"we go by a.c.e. it's our team name." the ravenette piped up.

"hm. i guess we'll see each other in the finals." minho sourly smiled, then retreated to his own target as the other group watched.

jisung smiled, silently cheering him on as he sent multiple arrows piercing into the center. the other group huffed in intimidation, and minho blew them a salty kiss.

"come on jisung, let's go. i'm pissed off now." minho dragged jisung up from his seat on the grass and the two exited the range.

"don't sweat it," jisung mentioned, smiling. "those guys have nothing on you."

"yeah, i know. i think they're from cabin 5." minho puckered his lips in thought. "you know, we don't have a team name, do we?"

"you're right, seems like almost everyone does. we should probably figure that out." jisung agreed, nodding.

"got any ideas?" minho asked as he stomped through the leaves.

"nope. i'm sure chan will think of something though." jisung giggled. "what do you want to do when we get home?"

"i don't know." minho giggled. "cry because we don't have much time left here?"

"yeah, sure." jisung chuckled. "i'm sad too, but we have to enjoy what's left!"

"right."

truthfully, the both of them were starting to break on the inside. it was true, they didn't have much time left at the camp. though they could exchange phone numbers, it wouldn't be the same, and they could never see each other.

jisung shook his head, shooing the thoughts away before he could get too upset.

all he needed to focus on for now were two things: the games, and minho.

    *✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

mwah <3