Chapter 2- The Case of Billy Hargrove

"Billy, why are you here?" You had repeated again, becoming agitated that he wasn't answering you. It's been over a year since you last spoken to him and now he's here out of the blue, staring at you like you're some fragile flower. You're not. At least not anymore. Things have changed since he last spoke to you, when he broke up with you, you were no longer the innocent little flower girl. You were going to parties almost every night, getting stoned and wasted, smoking a pack a day, changed your look and your attitude. One thing that didn't change, you still had your powers and they were still getting stronger. And that scares the hell out of you.

"Y/N.. Please don't freak out, just listen to me" He basically begs, looking at your body up and down, probably wondering why you were dressed the opposite of how he remembered you. You no longer had the flower crown adorning your head, your hair like disheveled and like you dyed it with a box from the convince store.

You go to grab his hand to drag his ass out of your room and out of your life but you miss his hand and go to reach for it again, except you didn't miss his hand. You just seemed to miss the fact that it went right through it, almost as if it were air. You looked up with tears in your eyes, "No, no this isn't funny. This has to be a dream, I'm just imagining this or some shit.." You weren't though. This was really happening and Billy was really just made out of air. He was dead, and here he was, talking to you.

Your lip began to tremble as you processed everything, he didn't look at peace. He didn't look happy in the slightest, isn't that what's supposed to happen? Aren't you supposed to feel at peace and ready to go? Billy looked the complete opposite, he looked miserable. A tear fell from your eye and the room started to shake and you let out a scream. You could hear your mom banging on your door but you locked it and sat there with your face in your hands, sobbing as though your life depended on it.

"Y/N, just listen to me. I'll explain everything to you, just please listen" he pleaded, wanting so badly to hold your face in his hands and caress it. But he couldn't. He closed his eyes and breathed out, trying to calm himself from that intrusive thought.

And so he did, he explained everything since he moved there. He even talked about his oddly disgusting thing going on between him and a woman named Mrs. Wheeler. You scoffed as he talked about her, wondering why he needed to talk about that in the first place. But he ignored it and kept going, it all ended up linking and soon he finished the end saying that he finally escaped the shithole town, but not the way he wanted to.

You pulled out a cigarette from the pack and lit it, taking a long drag and tried to calm yourself down.

"So you smoke now, huh? What happened to you saying they were disgusting and sickening?" He asked, shock clearly apparent on his face.

"Fuck off.." You said, not needing to say anything else. He doesn't deserve an explanation. He doesn't deserve to know how much you've changed or the reasons behind it.

"I can't, princess. That's why I think I'm here with you, actually" you raised an eyebrow at him, signaling him to continue, " I think I need to find peace, and you're the only one who can help me"

You let out a dry chuckle, "Oh, so you only want something from me? Not just so you can see me, right? Because there is always a catch when it comes to you" running a hand through your tangled hair.

"You know that's not true, Y/N" A frown etched on to his face, trying to get you to make eye contact with him. You slowly looked up and saw the pain in his eyes and you wanted to reach out to him, like you used to. But the universe took course and changed what was needed for you, this was your new challenge.

"Okay, how do I do it?"

~

I shoved my suitcase in the trunk of my bus before slamming it. I heaved a sigh as I wrapped my arms around my mom, peaking at Billy over her shoulder. "Be careful, honey. Don't get too caught up in whatever this is, okay? Come home as soon as you can" Your mom said, and all you could do was nod, for the fear of saying something may cause your voice to break.