Tumblr One Shot 2

Here's a cute tragic comedy to feel better :)

It was a peaceful, quiet day. Starbucks was busy with a crowd of teenagers, since school was out for winter break. Katie sat with her notes and books, revising over her essay that was due the day they came back from break. It would be easier to finish it before Christmas so she could enjoy her honeymoon.

Just the thought of her soon-to-be partner in life made her cheeks flush and her lips tilt upwards. They'd met at this exact spot, just days ago. Some would say Katie was jumping into things; that she was too young to know what true love was. But she knew love between lust, and she was sure she loved him. She'd never been more sure of anything. Not even her own desires were as clear to her.

She smiled at him from across the table. He smelled divine, as he had when she first met him. Like chocolate and coffee beans. She took a deep, discreet breath. The scent made her head spin, and her mouth water.

It was already getting late, so Katie packed up her laptop and notes. She wrapped her hand around him, sending him a shy smile. Just days until they'd be official; they would finally be married, and she could never be happier.

As she was walking out with him, the inevitable happened.

She must have forgotten to tie one of her sneakers, because she felt herself falling towards the cold hard ground beneath her feet as she walked out of the door. She tried in vain to keep her hold on her love, but there was nothing she could do to stop the terrible tragedy that was now happening. The nightmare that was now reality.

He fell against the concrete sidewalk, his blood pooling around his body. Tears streamed down Katie's face as she reached for his broken body, looking at the light brown liquid running down a crack in the sidewalk. The smell of chocolate and coffee beans wafted into her nose.

Her latte love was no more.