Tumblr One Shot

Just something I found while scrolling through Tumblr!

|Percabeth-Tragic|

Warning- Character death included.

With his arm holding her up, Percy helped Annabeth towards the golden gates.

They'd fought so long, so hard, and now they were finally there.

They'd made it past every obstacle Gaea had put before them; but not without suffering. Annabeth had taken the worst of the blows. A stab wound and a broken ankle had made her weak. Even her once bright eyes were now dulling to the color of the rocky cavern of Tartarus.

"Come on, Annabeth." Percy's voice was pleading. "Only a few more steps. Then we'll be out of here and we can get you a healer. Hang in there. You can do it." The words rung false as the blonde demigod collapsed in Percy's arms. She coughed, blood trickling out of the corner of her chapped and colorless lips. It had all been too much for the injured half-blood. She knew it was a futile effort to help her. She was a lost cause.

"No," Percy muttered, his eyes blurring with tears he wouldn't dare shed in this hell. It was what Gaea wanted; for him to be weak, and show it. And he couldn't show Annabeth that he was scared. He had to be strong for his love.

He slid his arm under her neck and legs, picking her up effortlessly. Her chest rose and fell faintly, and the sound of her breathing was so faint and irregular. But never had she looked so beautiful, so strong to him. Her blond hair-curled like a princess's-were stuck to her forehead and cheeks, messy and tangled from the weeks of no brushing and no showering.

Her eyes may have been dull, but they were her eyes-such gorgeous eyes.

Percy took a few steps forward, knowing on the other side of those wrought and rusted gates the rest of the Seven and Nico were waiting for them. Only a few more steps.

"Percy! Annabeth! Can you hear us?" Hazel's voice made Percy's eyes widen. They were there; waiting to take them back into the mortal world and to a hospital. Gods, he couldn't wait.

"We're here!" Percy shouted back, his voice cracking as he looked down at Annabeth. Her glossy eyes averted to the ground, and he sat, placing her head in his lap. They were right in front of the gates.

"Percy..." she murmured, her eyes looking into space as if lost in thought. "I can't... I won't make it."

"Guys, we're ready to open the gate! We'll need your help!" Leo's voice came, echoing off the rocky and grey cavern walls.

"Wait!" Percy ordered; the sound of his voice choked by a single sob. "Get a Healer! Quick, or at least get some ambrosia!"

"No," Annabeth commanded, her voice strong for a moment. "Don't waste your time!"

"What's going on?" Frank asked. Percy wished he could answer, but he had to talk to Annabeth.

"Be strong, Wise Girl," he begged, holding her hand tightly as if she might disappear.

"You know I can't, Seaweed Brain," she answered. She looked at him, as if studying his paled face. She brought a hand to his cheek, wiping away a stray tear. "You know I've tried. But even heroes have their limit." She dropped her hand, looking at him hard one last time. "Be strong for me, Percy. Kick some giant ass."

Despite the situation, Percy let out a blubbery laugh. "I will." He gulped, looking once at the closing grey eyes of the girl he'd loved since he was 12. His partner, his advisor. His girlfriend.
"I promise."

Annabeth didn't reply. Percy laid his head against the wall of the cavern. "No," he muttered, repeating the two-letter word as tears cascaded down his face.
"Percy! What's going on?! Are you guys okay?" Percy only laughed at Piper's question. Would he ever be okay again? The question troubled Percy.
He glanced down at her body. He would be alright, for maybe five minutes until her death hit him. And she was at peace now, on her way to Elysium. He knew it; she was his hero, and she would make it there.  So, at least for now, they were both okay.

"Yeah," he answered. "We're okay." He placed his quivering lips on her cold and pale forehead, planting one last kiss on the girl he loved. "We'll be okay."

He took hold of the gate, slinging Annabeth's backpack over his shoulder as he took one last glance at her lifeless body. And, as if he were her, relieveing her life memories, he saw it.

Spiders. Knives. Luke and Thalia. Grover. Camp Half-blood. And finally Percy. Their lips, pressed against each other's.

He'd lied. He would never be okay. Not without her. Not without his Wise Girl.

Update 17 August '15

Yeah,I know I wasn't clear enough about how sad this was going to be,but I did warn you guys.Don't need to spam the comments page with 'Blah blah blah I hate you' because I don't have time for that,thanks! ;)