However, Hakuei was different. Her flexibility was astounding and her aim was impeccable. Sure her brother's amazing at landing targets and performing stunts, but she only filled in necessary requirements with extreme proficiency. Her eyes were sharp and she was very observant for her age. There were times when she would sit in front of the porch with eyes that screamed pain. Eyes that belonged to a war veteran or a person who had seen death, killed, or witness traumas. But when Itachi waddled his way to her with a plate of dangos or matcha flavored imagawayaki, her eyes would revert back to the child-like innocent ones Fugaku preferred. 

Normally, Hakuei was a very obedient child and quiet child who always had a smile on her face, silently trailing after her brother and holding onto the hem of his clothing or his sleeve or mostly, his hands. But the day, she had learned that she was going to become a big sister, pretty much the whole family was blinded by her smile. Yeah, Itachi was excited but like Hakuei? She was ecstatic. The idea of having a little sibling set a light in her eyes the clan head and matriarch had never seen before. Her pale blue eyes had so much life in them, everyone practically melted.

During Mikoto's months of pregnancy, the sight of the twins holding hands and running small errands for their mother was not uncommon. They were so adorable, the clan members practically looked forward to the time when they would carry milk from the shop ( they were holding their respective sides of the bag), a bento box to their dad's office ( the other police officers would always wave and greet them, silently cooing over the two), buying treats for Mikoto when she craved yokan ( the owners would give them a separate batch for free for the twins), and the cutest of all, when the two would return from training, covered in dirt but holding flower crowns in their hands. It would always be a mix of Daffodils, Irises, Birds of Paradise, Bouvardia, and Violets. 

They knew it was Hakuei's handiwork, because Itachi would not be the type to try to bite someone's hand off when they try to touch the flower crown he was wearing or wear one at all, but when another child from the clan tried to snatch it from his head out of playfulness, he growled at the poor boy and held onto the cute accessory on his head tightly and practically dragged off his sister to their house. Little Hakuei who did not know what was going on, only waved and flashed the boy a smile before quickening her pace to match her older brother.

When Sasuke was born, Hakuei and Itachi was with him nearly all the time, tending to both their mother's and baby brother's needs. And Sasuke was a brat too, he refused to let anyone other than his parents and his sister hold. Not even his grandparents could calm him down. After every training session, the twins would always be welcomed by the sight of their baby brother reaching out his grubby hands to them. 

There was peace within the household until the Kyuubi's attack. On that night, while the two were sitting on the front porch with Sasuke in Itachi's arms, Hakuei could feel fear crept up into her veins. It was as if Sasuke could sense the ominous feeling in the air, he began to wail. Itachi cooed loving and reassuring words into his ears, one hand cradling the infant and the other squeezing his sister's hand tightly. 

When the youngest of the three siblings had calmed down, he turned to Hakuei who had the most terrified expression on her face. Her eyes had dilated in pure terror. Her mouth hung agape and sweat dribbled down her face. She stammered," N-no way. H-how?" 

She could hear it, the pain in his roar and how sad his rukh was. She could see the rukh fluttering rapidly, a sign of his the Kyuubi's struggle. The white rukh around her chirped in her ears the events that was taking place. Information of the perpetrator, the target, the damage, the action that had been taken, the action that had not been taken but should have, the orders, the death count, the dying wishes of the fallen, and the advice to run now.