Chapter 12 - The Story Of How We Met

Comincia dall'inizio

"What the hell did you do?" I said to no one in particular as I rushed to pick the pieces up. "This is my favourite picture of them." I was yelling now and I didn't care.

"I'm so sorry. I... I heard what you said out there and I... I'm really sorry," the girl said. That was the first time I saw her. She was breathtakingly beautiful. Her long brown hair cascaded down her back in curls. Her eyes were what caught my attention though. They told me how sorry she was. But about what? Having sex on my bed or breaking the picture frame?

"It's fine. I don't care about the bed it's this that's-" I started.

"No we didn't-"

"What's going on in here?" I guess I woke Lee with all the yelling.

I didn't take my eyes off of her as I said, "Nothing. My frame fell and broke." I don't know how long we stood there staring at each other but I guess it was long enough to be awkward as I heard Lee clear his throat behind me. Suddenly, she grew furious but I knew it wasn't at me.

"I'm leaving now," she said to him. "And by the way, your friend's a complete dick," she said to me. Then she left.

Apparently she was pissed because my best friend wanted to take advantage of her while she was in a moment of weakness. She was going through a bad break up and Lee pretended to be someone she could talk to. When in truth, he just wanted her for the night.

It was the first time I ever wanted to punch my best friend in the face but I didn't since he didn't actually get to sleep with her.

So her strong dislike for Lee now is understandable but she always tried her best to hide it for my sake. I guess one could say I began stalking her after that until she noticed me.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

"What would you think of me now, Mom and Dad?" I say to an empty park. "What would you do?"

Who am I kidding? I got myself in one hell of a mess and I don't think there's anything anyone can do to get me out of it. Not even my father could. She's not mine anymore. I have to accept that. "Shit! Shit! Shit!"

This is going to drive me nuts.

I feel​ my phone vibrating in my pocket and pull it out. I am in no mood to talk to anyone.

"What?" I yell into the speaker without looking at the caller ID. "What is it?" I bark again when I hear nothing on the other end.

"Marcel?" I pull the phone away from my ear and close my eyes. I don't need caller ID to recognise that voice.

I draw in a deep breath. I have to do this, I remind myself. This is what's best, I keep thinking.

"Marcel, are you there?"

"Yea, Lyn. I'm here," I reply.

"Where? Are you okay? You ran out of here so fast I didn't even know what was happening. Look, I know I probably confused you with that kiss but I wanted to talk to you about that," she says in one breath.

I know where she's going with this and I need to stop her before she makes that mistake. "There was no confusion. I know what you want to say."

"Then why did you leave?" She sounds​ hurt and this makes me more mad at myself than I ever was.

"Because we won't work, Lyn," I start. I hear her sharp intake of breath on the other end of the line and it breaks my heart. But I have to do this. "I made a huge mistake. One that's too big for you to forgive. And that's too much to ask of you."

"No. What are you saying?" Her voice breaks. "Damn it, Marcel! What are you saying?" I need to hang up before I change my mind and rush back there to her.

"I'm saying goodbye, Evelyn. You'd be stupid to forgive me. You deserve better and you know it. I'm sorry I hurt you. I really am. I-" I stop myself from telling her that I love her. "Goodbye," I say again and hang up.

That's when I feel​ it. I feel the stitches ripping apart. The one thing that held me together is gone. There's no more her, no more us in my life. There's just me. An empty shell of me because I have nothing left. Nothing to live for.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

A/N

So sad. :( This chapter....

Vote, Comment, Follow (just like you've been doing)

Love

TT