Twilight discovers Yoru being an assassin

Twilight POV

This got really complicated real fast huh. Twilight could only ruffle his hair in frustration of the sudden discovery he wished wasn't true.

Frankie's words kept repeating in his head.

"Whatever ya decide to do, it doesn't change the fact that your wife is an assassin. From the enemy faction even. You'll have to make a choice soon."

Twilight chuckled to himself. That explains where all that inhuman strength, from out of nowhere, came from.

He would be in trance that he was sure even Anya had noticed but didn't want to worry her. He would tell himself that he had contigency plans for this but who was he even lying to?

He had no idea how to make of this unexpected situation. The most logical and rational option necessary to any spy is to eliminate any possible threat if deemed necessary. He was well aware. He knew that.

Yet it came to the point it wasn't that simple any longer. And he didn't know since when.

She's just a fake wife. A woman whose interests aligned with my mission. What makes her any different now? I could produce the scenario of "remarrying" if I wanted to. What am I even hesitating for?

Once did he wanted to use the excuse of prioritizing Anya's safety. That he was desperate of finding an acceptable and justifiable reason of- it even felt so wrong to even think about it- killing her.

Yet he was also aware of the fact that Yoru would do anything for Anya just as she would for her brother. She's just like any real mother there is for Anya and he can't and will never twist his way out of that.

His palms finds its way to rub his face. Just think of the mission. This isn't a stalemate Twilight.

The scent of Earl Grey tea suddenly visited him as he's seen a cup laid in front of him. He looked at the person and gaped.

"M-My colleagues at work told me Earl Grey is a great drink for destress. I just noticed that you've been out of it these past few days and thought you must be stressed from your job."

Yoru proceeds to sit on the couch just the front of his. "If I'm not meddling too much, I uh... Y-You can tell me if there's something bothering you,"

And he thought deciding couldn't be harder. Wrong.

Yoru gave Twilight a soft reluctant smile before continuing "I mean, we may not be real but we're still a family."

Twilight was taken aback by that statement and thought to himself. And there it was. That small part of me that wished I didn't know anything.