In which Twilight is a spy and a parent

Twilight wasn't the type to nitpick, especially in options involving the accomplishment of his missions. If the shoe fits, then there was no issue here. But here he was, battling his own thoughts. The principles and values he's carried in every task assigned to him were being complicated by something so silly as a small "crush".

Twilight crouched stealthily above the majestic old rooftop of the established campus. His trusty binoculars keeping sight of Anya's actions inside the campus. Or was it really the actions of the peanut loving kid he was watching?

He didn't notice it himself, unconsciously shifting his line of vision over to the second son of his target. It had already been a year since Anya's admission to Eden Academy, when he was approached by the Handler, giving him a satisfied smile and congratulations to the big progress of the mission.

Twilight asked why, a bit confused as he'd done nothing note worthy to the mission so far and even Anya's grades were its unchanging "to the brink" digits.

"Seems the young master has taken a certain liking to your daughter. What a huge advantage. Nothing less from the intuition of the top spy to choose the right people to include in this mission."

Handler leaves with a single pat on the shoulder. Though the only thing Twilight could remember was the first sentence.

Objectively and thinking about it, this certainly made it an easier job. But he was not so keen to the idea of his daughter and "boys" together.

He wasn't doing this out of his own emotions and genuine care, he'd convinced himself to the point that his subconscious may be face palming all the time.

He'd tell himself, even having valid evidence after he'd read a book titled "A Guide to Parenting" where it said a parent's protection is at all times a must.

And his role as Loid Forger involved being a parent.

This is necessary to Operation Strix. Yes. The Operatio--

POV: Twilight's binoculars - Damian suddenly clasps Anya's wrist.

He'd clenched the binoculars too hard it formed a crack.

He heard Anya's voice from his earpiece, as he'd attached a wiring device to Anya before he dropped her off to school.

"What? You wanna be friends? Really??" Anya gasps in astonishment.

"D-Don't be so full of yourself! I-I'm just giving you the privilege of being m-my friend!"

And Twilight grimaces, he'd seen some previous targets with that same flustered expression. He knew what it meant and it didn't sit well with him.

Not at all.

Of course, an easier and risk free plan was what's most convenient to the mission. He knew what his Handler was trying to say.

But, maybe he'd go home, re-think his plans, and go roundabout.

You know. Just because his parent persona "Loid Forger" told him so. Not because he wanted to.