Anya's nightmare

Most often, Twilight and Yoru's real jobs involve night time schedules to which them coming home late isn't much a rare occurrence.

Though Yoru would not forget tucking Anya in bed and made sure she slept early while Twilight would keep the house safe with extra locks and bugging devices if ever the house was infiltrated, again.

The parent duo came home particularly a bit early than they expected with Twilight now sorting out secret files he retrieved from his mission and Yoru secretly cleaning 'equipments' in her room.

A slow creaking of the door was heard and with both of their impressive primal instincts looked to where it came from and saw a hung down head of Anya while holding her lion doll tightly.

Twilight's full attention switched to Anya as he himself noticed something was wrong.

Yoru emerged from her room as she quickly noticed the slight trembling of her daughter. "Anya, you're still awake. Is something wrong?"

Little sobs eventually came out of her and she hiccups, struggling to speak straight. "I had a dream tha– that Ma and Pa left me back in the orphanage and said you wouldn't come back and–"

Yoru immediately leans down to embrace Anya, caressing her back gently. "No, that won't happen. We promise."

Anya looked at Yoru with hopeful eyes. "Really?"

Yoru grins at her and wipes Anya's tears with her thumbs. "Of course! You gave us 100 points! We wouldn't waste such a good score."

Twilight ruffles and gives a light pat on the crown of Anya's head and walks towards the kitchen. "I'll allow you to stay up late just for today. Is there anything you want to eat?"

"I want pancakes with lots'a syrup!" Anya enthusiastically says to which Yoru giggles and adds "Well, who says pancakes are just for breakfast? We'll have them as midnight snacks!"

Twilight only smiles and nods as he prepares eggs and butter.