Stormy

[blurb: Brett and Eddy are bored staying inside during a terrible storm.]

---

Eddy P.O.V.

"This sucks," Brett groaned as he buried his face in the crook of my neck, "I wanted to go out today. I miss going out." he said, a bit muffled, his breath tickling my skin.

I shift so that he could settle more comfortably on top of me, "There's nothing we can do about it. Unless you want to get struck by lightning, or blown away by the wind."

He groaned again, wrapping his arms tighter around my body, "I want bubble tea!"

I shook my head, "Unbelievable. There's a storm outside and you're still craving bubble tea?"

He pushed himself up to look into my eyes, "We haven't had bubble tea in forever," he pouted, "Besides...bubble tea is perfect for any weather."

I laugh at his childish demeanor, "Whatever you say." I pat his head as he lowers himself again.

"We could watch a movie.." he suggested in a quiet voice before pulling completely away from me, "Or maybe practice?"

I try to determine which one he wanted to do more. But his expression was difficult to read, especially when he's this bored. "Maybe we could try composing something like a duet.."

His eyes lit up at the idea, "Yeah. Wait, a violin duet?"

I shrugged, "Well, what do you want?"

He took my hand, "I want to hear you play the piano. Duh." he pulled me off our bed and all the way to our office.

I couldn't help but notice how wrinkled his clothes were and how untidy his hair was, "Adorable." I comment under my breath, not sure how he would have reacted if he heard it.

He basically shoved me onto the piano stool before skipping to get his violin. "Alright.. you start, I'll follow."

I pursed my lips as I try to think of something inspiring. I rest my fingers lightly on the keys and let my eyes roam toward Brett. I softly play a B chord and wait for his response. When he echoed back my B, I closed my eyes and start playing.

At first, I couldn't settle on the right tempo. But the more I listened to Brett's playing, the slower and slower I played. I wanted, more than anything, to be the accompanist in this duet. I wanted to hear Brett more - if that would help me know what it is he wants to do in this terrible weather, stuck at home with me.

It's not like we always go out. More often than not, we stay at home to film videos and just enjoy each other's company. At home, it's easier because there are no judging eyes. But I guess that's just the introvert in me. Brett really loves going out and taking me out on "proper dates". He loves taking me to all sorts of cafe's and restaurants. And we both love going to the beach. In fact, we had our first kiss on a beach.

I hear Brett's playing become quieter, as if trying to match mine. We continue playing like that until we both eventually ended our duet. Unfortunately, I still couldn't tell what would help get rid of Brett's boredom.

Quietly, he put his violin away and then sat down next to me.

"Eddy.." he started, inching closer so our knees were touching, "Do you think this storm will last long?"

I did hear from the news that the storm might last a few days, an estimate of three days was given. "Well, the news said it might last three days."

He pouted and then moved even closer to me, "That's a long time."

I nodded, watching his eyes. It can be so frustrating when you can't even tell what's weighing your partner down.

He opened his mouth to say something when a blinding flash of lighting struck just outside our office window. His whole body tensed before he leaned forward and covered his ears in quiet desperation. When the thunder roared, I heard a small cry from him and saw his whole body shaking.

Just as I was about to move, the lights went out. Damn it. A lightning storm and a power outage.

I hear Brett sniffling and I could feel his hand blindly moving on my body, "Eddy..?" he said, his voice barely audible.

I wrap my arm around him and pulled him close, "I'm right here." I say gently, rubbing his arm as if trying to soothe a burn.

He put an arm around my waist and tugged on my shirt, "Don't we have candles?"

I take his hand before standing up, pulling him with me. His hand squeezed mine, but I can't complain. His body was still shaking and he moved very slowly. I take out my phone to use as a flashlight and lead us to the living room.

I lead Brett to the couch and give him my phone. He sat down but wouldn't let go of my hand. I leaned toward him, "I just need to grab the candles, alright?"

He shook his head, squeezing my hand even tighter. Another lightning struck and he lets go of my hand, my phone fell on the couch. He curls up into a ball, his hands pressed hardly against his ears. My heart ached at the sight of him so tense and afraid.

I drop to my knees so I could see him at eye level. Very gently I tug at his hands, "Brett.. it's okay. I'm right here baby." I whispered, urging him to release his harsh hold on his ears.

He reluctantly responded to my touch, very slowly shifting his gaze to meet mine. Even in this low light, I could see his eyes clearly. And it broke my heart to see tears streaming down his cheeks. He was biting down on his lip and his whole body was shaking.

I interlock our fingers and lean forward so our foreheads were touching, "I will go get the candles. Do you want to go with me?"

He nodded his head as he sniffled. Very slowly, he moved to stand up. I pick up my phone from where he had dropped it, and lead us to the shelves next to the T.V. On the top shelf were some candles meant to be used for aroma therapy. I grab one and hand it to Brett before reaching for another one. I ask Brett to hold my phone as I feel around for the lighter.

"Got it." I blurt out before facing Brett. He was looking right at me, watching my every move. I take my phone from him and turn off the flashlight. I quickly put my phone away and flick the lighter on. I light the candle I'm holding and tell Brett to use its flame to light the one he was holding. Both our candles smelled of cinnamon.

I put the lighter back before taking Brett's hand, "Bedroom or should we stay here and wait for the electricity to come back?"

His tears had stopped and he wasn't shaking much anymore. He lightly bit his lip in thought, "I think we can stay here for a while."

I nod my head and quietly lead us to the couch. We put the candles on the coffee table and settle on the couch. I let Brett push me gently onto the corner of the couch so that he could use me as a cushion. 

I don't say a word as he climbs on top of me, resting his weight entirely on me. He took his glasses off and hands them to me. I placed it on the arm of the couch, mentally noting not to knock it off later. He wrapped his arms around my torso as he rested his head on my chest.

"I can hear your heart.." Brett said in a hushed voice, his breath was warm. "It's beating so quietly, but so quickly.." he commented, his gaze slowly shifting up to my eyes.

"Are you okay?" he asked, squinting ever so slightly.

I cleared my throat, "Yeah. I guess it's just.. the way you positioned yourself on top of me."

He chuckled, teasingly moving his hips. A small moan escaped both of us.

"Do you want to?" he asked, his breath tickling my neck. My mind went blank.

"Umm.. only if you're okay.." I said, doing my best to ignore the heat that was quickly spreading across my chest.

He chuckled before moving to straddle me, "I never told you.. I am deathly afraid of thunder. And I also hate the dark."

I swallowed thickly, shoving down my growing excitement. "Well.. we all have fears."

He leaned forward, his fingers tracing my lips, "I think.." he kissed me lightly, "This would be a good way to get over my fears.."