Make You Feel My Love

[blurb: Eddy is not feeling well. Brett ends up neglecting himself.]

---

Brett P.O.V.

"Brett..." Eddy whispered, tugging at me to come closer.

I shove all indecent thoughts to the back of my mind, "Yeah babe?"

He whimpered as he made a move to close the distance between us, "Don't sit so far away. I want to feel you near..." he pouted, resting a hand on my knee.

I sighed, taking his hand, "We can cuddle later. After I feed you, okay?"

He let out another whimper before reluctantly lying on his back, "You promise?"

I stood up and planted a kiss on the top of his head, "Of course. I'll be right back."

When I let go of his hand, he groaned, "Make it quick." He did his best to sound demanding, but he just sounded tired.

I leave our bedroom door open as I make my way to the kitchen where I was making some herbal soup. I had asked my mum to send me her personal recipe, explaining Eddy may have caught a cold or something slightly worse. Luckily, we had all the needed ingredients.

It is not uncommon for Eddy to fall sick every now and then. However, this would be the first time he's gotten sick since we started living together over two months ago. I had intended to take him to the doctor the moment I felt his forehead when I woke up, but he insisted that he just needed some rest.

I knew he wouldn't like the taste of the soup, but it's the same soup that's been my remedy for colds ever since I was a baby. It's an acquired taste, I suppose, but that doesn't mean it's ineffective.

I smell the strong aroma of ginger and knew it was ready. I decided to pour the soup into a small bowl, it might be wise to feed it to him a little at a time - give him a chance to get used to the taste little by little.

I squeezed a quarter of a lemon into the soup and stirred it lightly before taking the bowl to our bedroom. Eddy was sitting up but his eyes were closed, he had put on a hoodie over two layers of sweatshirts. I quietly made my way to his side, setting the bowl on the nightstand.

"Brett?" Eddy breathed, removing the hood. He smiled weakly upon seeing me, "You were taking so long, I had to put on this hoodie by myself."

I scooted closer, our hips just barely touching, "I'm sorry baby. I just wanted to make sure it was good to go."

His eyes roamed toward the bowl and his face scrunched up, I assume it's from the strong scent of ginger, "Do I really have to..?" he pouted.

I nodded, taking the bowl into my hands, "Trust me, it's always helped me whenever I got colds."

He leaned in to take another whiff of the soup, "Well, I trust you."

I give him a soft kiss on the lips, which surprised both of us. I cleared my throat, "After you eat at least three bowlfuls, we can cuddle the rest of the day."

He blushed, a smile forming on his lips, "Okay."

Surprisingly, he liked the soup. He finished his first bowl quickly and asked for the second one. At first I thought he was just trying to get me to cuddle with him, but he said he really liked the flavor and the warmth. When I returned with the second bowl, he had taken off his hoodie.

"Have you eaten anything today?" he asked as I was bringing a spoonful of the soup to his lips.

I shook my head, "I'll eat later, I guess. I'm not really that hungry."

He pouted, "Seeing me sick made you lose your appetite?"

I looked straight into his eyes, "Don't be silly. I just want to take care of you. When I feel hungry, I will eat. Okay?"

His eyes softened as he gave me an apologetic look. He reached for the bowl, "I think I can hold it and sip, instead of using a spoon."

I let him do so, still holding the bowl for safety reasons. He downed the second bowlful much quicker than the first one. "Did I say three? How about I just feed you all of it?"

He shook his head, "You said three. You promised!" he sounded like a child, and even looked like one as he crossed his arms at me. "Just three bowlfuls... until dinner, I guess."

A small laugh escaped me. He was talking more, which meant he was feeling a little better. That's always a good thing. "Right. I'll be right back."

When I returned with the third bowl, he was in the middle of taking off one of his sweatshirts. "That soup is making me warm inside." he said, tossing the sweatshirt to the foot of the bed.

I make my way toward him and noticed how much his color has improved, "I told you this was going to help."

He smiled, reaching out his hands to take the bowl from me. I hand it over and watched him sip, on his own. "See? You can grip things now."

He nodded, continuing to drink the soup. In a matter of seconds, he'd finished the third bowl. He put the bowl on the nightstand and looked up at me. His eyes were expecting me to move and keep my word.

I sit next to him and kiss his cheek, "Alright. I did promise, didn't I?"

He smiled, scooting over to make more room for me. I settle next to him comfortably as I placed an arm around him. We both lean against the headboard, "You can't lie down just yet." I said quietly, letting him rest his head on my shoulder.

"I'm not trying to lie down." he said, moving closer, "I just want to feel you."

I felt his body heat radiate toward my chest. All of a sudden, I become aware of how cold I was feeling. To both of our surprise, I sneezed. Only then did I remember how I wasn't exactly feeling much better than Eddy this morning. I guess when I felt his fever, I just completely disregarded my own health state.

"Brett... are you also sick?" Eddy asked, his hand making its way to my forehead.

I tried to move away but was too slow, my body was starting to feel weak. His eyes widened, "Babe, you're so cold."

An involuntary shiver caused my body to shake lightly, enough for Eddy to feel it. I pulled him closer to catch more of his body heat, and I ended up sneezing again.

Eddy moved to grab his sweatshirt and his hoodie from the foot of the bed. Very gently, he put them on me. After which, he wrapped me in our blankets. He's moving so much now, that's a good sign.

I reach out to hold him but he pulled away. I pouted, "Eddy...I thought we were going to cuddle?"

He stood up and took the bowl from the nightstand. He planted a kiss on the top of my head, "After I feed you, okay?"

A sudden rush of warmth overwhelmed my body and I couldn't help but just nod. I watched him leave the room, and was thankful for the scent of his body enveloping me. At least this way, I wouldn't be half as needy as he had been all morning.