Partner

[blurb: Eddy is running late for rehearsals. Brett anxiously awaits his arrival.]

---

Eddy P.O.V.

Damn it damn it damn it. I can't believe I slept in! If only Brett hadn't been so... wild last night. How did he manage to actually get up before me?

I run out of our house, desperately waving my hands in the hopes of catching the attention of a taxi. When I finally hailed one, I realize I don't have my violin.

"Hang on, just a second. Please?" I said to the driver who had kind eyes, thankfully.

I sprint back into our home, quickly locating my violin case. I catch my breath before getting it open only to find it empty. DAMN IT. I frantically run to our office and grab my violin and bow. I tried my hardest to be gentle as I quickly placed them in my case. When everything was secure, I close up the case and run out the house.

I make my way to the cab and expressed my sincere gratitude and apologized for making him wait. "Sydney Opera House, please." I finally said, releasing a sigh of relief.

I whip out my phone and text Brett, "Sorry I'm so late. I'm on a taxi now. Guess I'll be there soon."

Almost immediately, there was a reply, "No worries. Take your time. It's a rehearsal for our show, after all."

I text him back a smiley face and three heart emojis. He replied with the same. A smile crept on my lips as I put my phone back in my pocket.

"You a musician, boy?" the taxi driver asked after a few minutes.

Small talk usually ensued with long drives, I've gotten used to them. "Yes sir. Violin."

He nodded, "So I see." he motioned at my violin case. "You look familiar. I swear I've seen your face on the internet, or something."

I chuckled awkwardly, "Maybe YouTube? TwoSetViolin?" I offered, not wanting to know if he's seen me elsewhere.

We came at a red light so he had the chance to turn his head and look at me, "That's right! My little girls, they love you! They play too. One of them's a violinist, just like you!" he was so excited, I was almost sure he'd plant a kiss on my cheek if he could.

I nodded, "That's cool. And the other one?"

"Piano. They play duets all the time. They say you inspire them to be better. To be 'Lingling', whatever that means." he said, his face lighting up with glee.

I chuckled softly, Brett would love to hear about this. I will be sure to tell him.

I pull out my phone and text him, "Remind me later. Something i n t e r e s t i n g happened. Need to share with you."

"Alright. Are you almost here?" he replied, following it up with, "No rush tho. I love you."

I laughed before replying, "Probably twenty more minutes. Traffic is so-so."

"See you soon." he replied with three heart emojis.

"You have a partner, yeah?" the taxi driver asked as we started moving again.

I blushed. I knew what he meant, but didn't know what to say. We came out publicly a few years ago, our relationship is not a secret anymore. But still, we never know if certain people are aware or if they are in a state of denial. I nodded, "Yes sir, there's two of us. Both violinists."

He nodded, "I don't really know your names. When my girls talk about you, they refer to you as Lingling and Chingching. I tell them to stop because it sounds like a mean racist joke."