What It Takes To Be A Hero

I've decided that this takes place immediately after Midoriya and Bakugou's fight. Like, as they're still walking back from it. Sorry if you don't like this, but I thought it could help with some character development and such.

---

As the theater settled down, All Might's laughter began to bounce around the walls, the large man appearing on screen.

Young Midoriya watched in awe as his favorite hero revealed himself, several people resting on his shoulder. In the wreckage and blazing fire, All Might grinned widely. "Fear not, citizens! Hope has arrived! Because I am here!"

Midoriya's memories flashed through his mind as he stood on the rooftop, glancing down with his fists clenched. Those of his excitement over All Might. His disappointment in not getting a quirk. The constant bullying that plagued his everyday life.

Uraraka gave Midoriya a pitiful yet caring look, placing her hand on his shoulder as he turned red. "Aw, Deku..."

His fists tightened with every word as he thought back. "Even if I'll never have superpowers. Even if everyone thinks I'm useless." The boy shook, tears staining his freckled cheeks. "Despite everything, I still dream. And I have to know." He bit his lip, glancing up at All Might. "Is it possible to become a hero... even if I don't have a quirk?" All Might halted as Midoriya continued to speak, his body trembling. "I'm a normal kid without any powers.... Could I ever hope to be someone like you?!"

Tsuyu put her finger to her chin, "Wow, Midoriya. You sure wanted to be a hero, didn't you?"

Midoriya smiled and nodded, blushing awkwardly.

"Manly, as always," Kirishima and Tetsutetsu nodded, a small laugh coming from nowhere.

"What was that?" Yaoyorozu questioned.

"I don't know," Kirishima scratched his head, "But the name 'Yasamin' popped into my head for some reason.

All Might turned slightly, his lips parting as he spoke. "Without a quirk?"

Before he was able to continue, a sharp pain shot through All Might, his entire body steaming as he struggled. "Oh no...," he whispered, "Not now... Not here..."

"Hey, what's going on with All Might?" Mineta questioned, the scene spreading confusion around the room.

"Yeah," Kaminari said, "Why is he steaming?"

A few of the teachers recoiled, while All Might did the most.

"Oh no," the man whispered, "Already...?"

"People think I don't have a chance," Midoriya twiddled his thumbs, oblivious to the man's discomfort, "That having no powers makes me some kind of weakling. My classmates like to make fun of me. But you know what? That makes me wanna prove them wrong. Ever since I was a kid, I thought that saving people is the coolest thing you could do? I want people to see my fearless smile and feel safe! And be the kind of hero the world looks up to." He glanced up, a wide grin on his face. "Just like you!"

"Midoriya, I get you were in the moment and all," Jiro glanced over at him, her brow raised, "But did you seriously not once look up and see All Might?

His eyes widened as he looked away, "Uh... Guess not."

I assumed all things were handed to him, Shinso thought, But I seem to have been mistaken...

Midoriya's face twisted into one of horror as he got a look at All Might, who was a skeletal version of himself. He began panicking, screaming as he processed the situation.