Chapter 11

Standing in the burned patch of grass was Michael.

He was staring blankly at the sight in front of him, his eyes mirroring emotions like grief and awkwardness.

In front of Michael was the red haired boy, unconscious.

'The boy fainted because he saw me'

Michael thought to himself silently, then like a dam bursting open, his emotion of grief came tumbling down.

As a person who liked taking care of kids and who was luckily very liked by them, Michael felt like crying with this situation.

'The kid seriously fainted because he saw me!'

Michael grieved within his heart and he almost fell to his knees.

But before Michael's thoughts spiral in his negativities, he looked over to check the boy's condition.

He check the boy's pulse and breathing. Michael heaved a relived sigh for knowing that they were stable. Looking at the boy in front of him closer, Michael felt a sense of familiarity. Not from the Demon King's memory but from the book he read.

Michael's eyes lit up when he remembered who the boy in front of him was.

'This kid is Aden Pyrrhos Ignitius, the 3rd child of the Aedus Vukan Ignitius, 1 of the 4 Demon Dukes, more specifically the Fire Duke'

He remembers this part well because it was a really cringey part of the story.

While on their adventure to find comrades and purge evil, the protagonist comes across a proud demon that goes by the name of Pyrrhos. At the time Aden was already 25 and was a very well known, powerful demon. He boasted of his strength and the protagonist tries to defeat him because he was causing 'trouble' for the people from a village.

They almost didn't 'defeated' Pyrrhos, but thanks to the 'help' of the female demon working with Pyrrhos and was 'doing what was right' they managed to take down the demon and have a new 'companion' with them.

But the real trouble was when Pyrrhos's father who was 'surprisingly' the Fire Duke came for revenge along with Pyrrhos's brother and sister.

It was a whole ark and the beginning of their attack at the 4 Dukes.

Remembering how impossible the situations were and now knowing the truth through the Demon King's memory, made Michael's hair stand on how twisted the truth was.

'What kind of bullshit that excuse was. That truth was that Aden-ahem-Pyrrhus right, only people who are family, lover and close friends of a high rank demon can call their first name.'

Michael remembered then searched from the memories he received for the truth again.

'Right! The reason why Pyrrhus came to that village along with the bitchy female demon was because they received a help signal from a dying member of their kin and learned that a mother monster had died, living behind her half monster and half human daughter behind, who was hated and hurt by the humans nearby when she lost her protective parents. And they came  to take the poor girl away, yet the villagers wouldn't let them'

His mood was now bitter from remembering that fact but was  snapped back into reality when he felt Aden move.

The boy's brows were knitted and he was squirming around. Small mumbles of 'help' and 'scary' was heard. So Michael knew the boy was having a nightmare.

'Ah! Not only fainting but also having a nightmare because of me! What did I do to deserve this!?'

Michael wanted to lay back and be depressed but he needed to help Aden out first.