|01| New Environments |

A/n: Hey readers! This is a reader insert fanfiction based on the game "SCP Containment Breach". If you don't know, D-9341 is the protagonist of the game and whom you (the player) plays as in SCPCB. The gender for the reader isn't specified. Ideally, I was thinking female, but there aren't any preferences so anyone of any gender can read. I hope you all enjoy~!

.    .    .

A low, distance ringing filled your ears. Like the quiet humming of a ceiling light, you assumed. A caliginous blanket of darkness that shielded your eyesight faded away and spots of light seeped through your foggy eyes. A soft groan spilled from your dried month and passed your parched lips, momentarily blocking out that faint buzzing you could perceive more distinctly now. Your eyelashes batted ever so lightly as you forced your eyes opened, mumbling incoherently. Gradually, you became aware of your basic senses and soon found yourself staring unblinkingly at a dark gray ceiling accompanied with a single light bulb streaming glaring rays of light down into your eyes. That noise you distinguished earlier was definitely emanating from that bulb. Though there was only that one single light, it seemed that the whole room was brightened up with fierce light from all around- almost mocking your delicate vision.

Slowly, your consciousness dawned onto you and you realized how stiffened your entire body felt. Limbs aching from discomfort, a grunt emitted from you in the mild pain you endured. Whatever your back was laying against, it was extremely uncomfortable and did not feel like the usual warm embrace of duvets and a comforting mattress people were used to waking up to. You blinked away the sleep build-up from your eyes and last of lingering haze fogging in your eyesight. Eventually, you arose onto your arms, taking your time and allowing yourself to adjust to the new settings. Your fingers gripped tightly around a stiff metallic and semi-rugged beam supporting the bed as you pushed yourself up and into a sitting position.

'What happened?' you inwardly quizzed to yourself, raising a hand and clutching the side of your head in an attempt to soothe a minor headache erupting inside your tender skull. By now you were fully conscious and settled in the right mindset.

Peering around in puzzlement, your curious eyes wandered around your narrowed surroundings. The room you were currently in was small. The walls were painted white that started tinting into a light gray, the old paint beginning to crack from ageing and flaking away. There was a table attached to the wall in front of you, and beside that was a sink and a toilet over by a huge dark door securing you inside. What you were previously resting on was a thin bed with a firm mattress and a single blanket and coarse pillow that was smaller than the size of your head. There was a total absence of sound, aside from you shuffling on the bed and the tedious buzz from the light. Nothing else could be heard- you were in total solitude, and the thought made you stir uneasily in dissatisfaction. The compacted room gave you slight claustrophobia from how closed-in it was and how heavily suffocating the air felt. There was no air conditioner or a furnace for that matter- none that you could directly see, at least. There was no vent, or speaker or even a camera for God's sake. Where the hell were you?

You swung your legs over the bedside and planted feet down onto the ground, glancing down at the white tiles and seeing a pair of dark shoes on your feet. You eyed them suspiciously, tipping the side of your left foot and looking at the bottom of your shoe.

'What the hell is going on? Where even am I? And why the hell am I wearing this?' The questions swirled around your brain and you tried desperately to remember what happened before this.