Chapter 23: Rivalry

Spring

I was having dinner with my friend Jamal from college he texted me letting me know he would be visiting California so of course I had to link up with him. I sat down at my favorite restaurant Roscoe's he always wanted to eat here. I saw a tall dude with dreads look lost I stood up and called his name and he excitedly walked over towards me.

“Spring” He smiled pulling me into a hug.

“Wassup Jamal” I smiled hugging him back. He let go and took a look at me “Damn girl you grew since sophomore year” he laughed twirling me around. “Boy that was like 6 years ago of course I'm gonna get big” I laughed. “I ain't mad though” he chuckled. “You're a mess boy so how's your kids? I asked.

“Ughhh Jalen and London are driving me crazy man in 5th grade and don’t know how to act” he sighed.

“That's kids for you, enjoy them while there young just wait until next year when they hit middle school then you'll definitely have to strangle them then” I said.

“Pshhhhh let me do it now” he laughed

“So what are you ordering? I asked

“The chicken in waffles duhhhh girl” he laughed.

“Yeah same here can't go wrong with that” I smiled ordering my food.

The rest of the day we talked about the good times in college and of course he asked me about Chres and I relationship I told him that it's complicated because lord knows it is. We walked around the park feeding the ducks at the lake. I looked at my clock and it was going on 3 o clock. My niece Lea and Chase's recital was in 30 minutes.

“Shit” I spat

“What's wrong? He asked

“I lost track of time my niece' recital is like in 30 minutes I hate to finish this date” I frowned.

“It's cool, I'll go with you” he said. “Okay great just follow me there” I said walking quickly to the car.

Chresanto

I was so excited to see my daughter perform her first performance with the help from her teacher and a little from Spring. I knew she would ace it, speaking of Spring I looked at the time and it was 3:25 I hoped she would be here soon because Chase is looking forward to seeing her.

“I hope she perfects this baby” Lanae said kissing my cheek.

“Yeah I hope she kills it” I sighed. I looked over to my left to see Spring walk in the theatre with some real tall dude. She looked lost but I didn’t even bother to call her over here. It was now time for the performance and I watched all of the little ballerinas do their thing I don’t even know what's the name of these moves they were doing. I saw Spring's niece Lea and I was happy and cheered her on but I was looking for my daughter. I was ready to lose it until I saw here make her way hoping a and twirling she was doing amazing no lost of balance or anything. I was so proud I've never been so proud in my life once the performance over I walked in the lobby waiting for her to come out. I felt someone tap my shoulder I turned around and it was Lea.

“Hey little one give me some” I bent down giving her a hi-five. Spring walked over with the same guy. “Hey Chres” She smiled. “Wassup” I said nodding my head at her.  “Oh this is Jamal, Jamal this is Chres” She smiled introducing me to him. “Sup” I said nodding my head at him as well.

“Lea you did great” She smiled hugging her. Soon Chase walked out with roses in her hands “Daddy’ she smiled. I picked her up “You did great baby girl I'm so proud of you” I smiled giving her a million kisses.

“You did pretty well Chase you missed a couple steps but you still did better than before”

“She did fine….you did fine baby girl” Spring said grinning at Chase.

"Thankyou" she grinned

“Right” I agreed. I didnt think Lanae's comment wiith necessary but she's a perfectionist.

“You know what I'm sick of you, you think because you're a certified life coach that you think you know everything about Chres and Chase but you don’t” Lanae snapped.

“Hey not right now” I said looking at her.

“That's not true all I’m saying is Chase doesn’t have to be perfect with everything you want her to be .She's just a child like just say she did good and keep it moving” Spring said rolling her eyes.

“Girl you need to stay in your fucking place you're not his girlfriend I am bitch you're just his little life coach he calls on when he needs help” She spat.

“Honey are you upset where is all of this coming from do you want to talk about it” Spring laughed. I was kind of in my own world I forgot they we're arguing. “You both are doing the most right now calm down” I said. “No she needs to know who the hell I am” Lanae argued.

“Girl you're not even relevant you're just a for the moment chick” She smiled walking away.

“What's that supposed to mean? She asked.

“Oh god she's slow too” Spring mumbled loud enough for her to hear

“Spring just stop” I shouted at her. She gave me a surprised look and walked away

Spring

“Come on Jamal” I said pulling him towards the door. I grew pissed because Chres didn’t have my back or anything and on top of that I caught them kissing her right after. I waited for Autumn and Lea to be finished using the bathroom because I wanted to leave. I'm tired of getting lead on and dealing with this bullshit. I don’t know why I let the little things get to me.

Bruh they're both jealous lmaoooooooooo

Lanae shut up she stays trying to make Chase perfect

See what happens in the next two chapters ;D

Like & Comment