Chapter 3

Time had no limit at Silver Lake. We realized it was getting late when the dark, with stars and a Crescent moon adorned, curtain covered the sky.

I wished for the night to never end. I was feeling too happy to let this precious moment go. Fortunately wrapped in his burly arms, cozy and warm, in a private environment where no one interrupted us. Solely surrounded by Mother Nature and the music her creatures played for us at the glistering lake.

Suddenly Benji's muscles tensed around me. I looked up at him to ask what was wrong, but he didn't give me the chance. Swiftly he lifted me up without any effort as he stood up. His expression was rigid; narrowed eyes, jaw tightened and fists clenched. The same hostile expression he had at State Fair.

His head abruptly turned at the loud howling of a wolf.

"Let's go!" he thundered.

Terrified I followed him on to the bike.

Driving twice the speed, we arrived faster than before. Benji stayed on his bike after I got off.

"Aren't you going to come inside?" I asked bewildered.

He didn't answer nor move.

I looked at Benji. What happened to the warm, cuddly guy? I couldn't find Benji in the icy eyes. The person I was seeing was everything Benji wasn't; cold and hard like an ice sculpture. Not the person I wanted to get close to.

"Benji?" I tried carefully.

"I gotta go," he harshly replied.

Without looking back he drove away and left me standing alone.

The further the sound of the motor went, the higher the pain came up to me. Here I was again, back to basics. All by myself with no one to hold on to, cuddle up with or make me laugh.

I was alone again. He promised me he wouldn't go far. He wasbreaking his promise rudely and it hurt. The pain was excruciating. Would it ever end?

It certainly ended. I just don't remember when it did. By the time I got back to my senses I found myself in a large white room, with fuchsia embellishments and a silver flat-screen looking down on me. I frowned. How did I get into my room? Wasn't I outside the last time? Or was it all just a dream? Had the entire day been a dream? Had I not been out with Benji?

I let out a deep sigh. My mind was obviously playing games with me, time to get a hold of reality again.

Lying still on my back I moved my arm around me, hoping to find my phone. After blindly searching around me, I eventually found it on the floor. I pressed the main button to enlighten the screen, seeing 8.33 pm.

8.33 Meant that I wasn't daydreaming, I really did go with Benji, we really did cuddle together at SilverLake and he really had left me alone.

I groaned, instinctively holding my stomach. That damned burning had only gotten worse. It also was the last feeling I had before ending up in bed. I couldn't recall walking to bed by myself. How had I got here?

However Idid it, I now had to get myself adrink. I was parched.

With a lot of exertion I got out of bed. My stomach was definitely protesting against my decision, but it wasn't fair to torture my throat like that either. Besides, maybe something cool would extinguish the fire in me.

While walking towards the door I felt hammers hitting inside my head. I stood still, putting a hand on my head. What could've possibly given me such a headache?

I continued to drag myself forward, encountering Marc on the way to the stairs, carrying a full tray.

"Go straight to bed, now!" he commanded me.