CHAPTER FIFTEEN.

fuck! how didn't she know? it was so obvious!

the movies? the personality? every single fucking thing screamed bakugou katsuki and yet, she didn't even know!

what? was she blinded by the tiny itsy bitsy piece of kindness he shared through text messages? or the dumb conversations she could have without people being shocked over every small thing she said?

(well, he always cursed at her but whatever that didn't count—)

shit, what was she going to do?

telling him was completely out of the picture, that was for sure. who knew how he would react? the ash blond would probably avoid her and stop meeting for their project, thus leading to her failure at U.A. and at life. or maybe he'd bully her for having two different personalities online and offline!

oh god, she was panicking. she was partners with him! they were meeting up the next day! how was she supposed to look him in the eye and not think of whatever personality he shown her while texting?

fuck, what was she going to do?

-explodeahoe

uh ok?

she needed closure, that's what she needed.

[username]

can i ask you something?

[name] stared at her phone with wide eyes. she felt like she was on the verge of going crazy.
yeah, she did consider it, but she didn't think it could actually be him. hell, she didn't want to believe that it could be him.

-explodeahoe

i guess.

she pressed the response bar and of course, the keyboard didn't pop up. she stared at it for a couple minutes and soon it shot up. 

[username]

we're friends?

[username]

right?

as soon as she sent the message, she felt like running face-first into her wall. this was bakugou she was talking to. the boy who wouldn't even admit that him and the spikey redhead were best friends! there was no way in hell he would consider someone like her a friend.

-explodeahoe

i guess.

-explodeahoe

why?

her eyes widened.
what the fuck was going on? was it the apocalypse? 
he actually said they were friends.

[username]

even if you don't know
who i am?

she stared at her phone intently, barely blinking (holy shit was she still breathing?). 
she was so anxious yet excited, which was a weird mix of feelings to have. it's not everyday that bakugou calls someone his friend, and it didn't even matter if he was just saying shit to say it. he didn't know that she knew who he was, so what was the reason to lie?

-explodeahoe

why would your identity
or whatever matter?

her [eye color] eyes widened, her breath hitched, and a small smile crawled onto her face- but slowly disappeared as she typed out her message. 

[username]

what if, you find out who
i am and you avoid me or
you don't like me anymore
because you think i'm weird
or fake?

she sighed and laid down, her phone hovering over her head as she patiently waited for a new message to pop up.

-explodeahoe

i may be an asshole

-explodeahoe

but i would never leave you
because of your identity

-explodeahoe

unless your that shitty deku,
icyhot, grapehead, or engine
legs

[name] laughed. she wasn't surprised at the names he listed, since she heard them literally everyday accompanied by some sort of colorful curse word or another.

[username]

well unless they suddenly
reveal that they're females, then
they're well off your suspect
list

she smiled. why did she suddenly feel so happy? it wasn't like they were close. they only texted each other for about two months at least.

(and he had called her his friend. there was that, too.)

-explodeahoe

yep

-explodeahoe

anyways, why the hell
did you ask those dumb
fucking questions?

[username]

aaaaaaaaaaand he's back

[username]

but no reason

:)

she turned off her phone and stared at her ceiling. it felt nice for some reason. she didn't know why, but it just did.

they were friends.

and it felt nice.

ohmygosh you guys ♡
i am so happy and i love you all so fucking much!
the fact that you guys have been giving me nothing but endless support and love is out of this world and i wish there was something i could do to repay you all <3 thank you all so fucking much and i apologize that my words aren't enough ♡

-

edited by sun-blossoms