Chapter 8 : As Deanna

Start from the beginning

Jungkook turned around to a different direction on his bed, turning his back on me. "I will see you around," I said.

With that, I hurriedly went out of the Jeon's house, I came face to face with his father again, and I only gave him a small thank you smile for letting me inside their house.

-----

What did he do that for? It's been two hours since I left the Jeon's house and yet I'm still blushing.

I give my face a weak slap in case it goes back to normal after its malfunctioning.

If I'm going to act this way whenever Jungkook does things to me, there's no doubt that I'll get busted in no time.

I climbed upstairs and throw myself on my bed, there, I wriggled like a mad worm. What am I doing with my life? If it wasn't for my childish crush for Jungkook, I would have been sane at least.

I can't believe I'm creeping myself out. Do guys usually do that? Pull each other until their faces are only inches away, it's normal right?

As for my observations the man species usually do that whenever they are in a fight, they would pull each other's collar and their teeth gritted as they talk with their faces close to each other.

But earlier, what I felt near his luscious lips, pointed nose, white and soft skin, long lashes, manly eyebrows and the warmth of his presence was serene.

"Ahh!! I'm going mad." I told myself and sit on my bed. "Deanna, you're a guy, for now. Stop daydreaming." I closed my eyes and calm myself.

There.

Let the peace come into you.

Peace.

Serenity.

"But it was real! I wasn't daydreaming!" I whined to myself.

I was on the verge of bouncing and wriggling on my bed again when I heard the doorbell ring.

I combed my pixie hair using my fingers before jumping out of bed and heading to the front door.

My hand almost reached for the doorknob when I had a sudden gut feeling that I should look at the peephole first.

My guts were never wrong.

On the other side of the door, there stands Mr. Jeon. "Oh my god, what should I do?" I whisper-yelled to myself.

I ran to the nearest mirror and looked at my reflection. Damn, this is definitely a  Deonne Fray look, where the hell am I? Where's Deanna Foster?

I should change. Yeah, that's right.

Just when I was about to go up to my room, the doorbell rang again. "Just a minute!" I yelled.

I climbed upstairs as fast as I could. I grabbed a pair of pink pajamas and an oversized shirt inside my closet and immediately changed clothes.

I looked at the mirror once again, I look more feminine right now, but I got to work with my hair.

I opened one of my drawers and took my blonde wig out, though I'm not blonde, I can just make excuses that I'm trying it on. The wig is pretty long and tangled, but I'll manage.

I quickly rushed downstairs and then opened the door for Mr. Jeon. "Good evening Mr. Jeon, come in," I said, plastering my biggest smile.

This is my shot for being his daughter-in-law.

"It's okay, I just have to talk to you for a while." He says. "Loving the hairdo by the way." He complemented and we both laughed. "And the shades."

"Yeah, I need to at least look decent for once right?" Mr. Jeon usually visits my parents when he has the time or my parents would invite him for some talk. That's why he and my parents became friends, making me a little close to him as well.

But this is the first time  he visited our house, because he needs to talk to me. I never get to talk to him up close before. At least Deonne Fray did.

"Right." The old man chuckled. "Here, take this. The delivery man sent us more than what we've ordered and I figured I should send some to you." He hands me a paper bag and it smells like Chinese food.

"Oh, thank you, Mr. Jeon!" I cheekily smiled.

"How's Forks doing for your parents?" He asks.

"Maybe they're starting to sketch and plan my baby sister which was already fifteen years delayed since they promised."

"Silly girl." He chuckles. "Say hello for me to them when they call. I better get going now, enjoy the food." The man finally waves goodbye at me.

"Thank you again, Mr. Jeon!"

He's clearly a different man to strangers when I introduced as Deonne to him, he barely talked nor took an interest in me. It's like he's not trusting me.

Well for a fact, it's really hard to trust strangers.

At least I know that my soon father-in-law likes me as my true self, as Deanna, and that's what matters most.