Spearmint

Dedicated to @FlyingPegasus7, who gave me the idea to write this story. This has been a blast to write :) I hope you guys have fun reading this, even though it's a ship that hardly anyone ships. Just stay with it, I've packed quite a punch (evil laughter). 

A stinging throat and an achy back were the first sensations that welcomed Sophie Foster into the waking world. With surprising difficulty she opened her gold flecked eyes, immediately closing them with a groan. Intrusive sunlight beamed across her face, as if it was annoyed at her for missing out. 

"How long have I been asleep?" Sophie wondered aloud, searching for the last memory she'd had. 

It took only a few seconds for her to realize that she didn't even know who she was. 

"Umm, is someone here? I'm... awake?" That seemed like the appropriate next step. 

A loud sound startled her, drawing Sophie's attention to a cute little furball in a sparkly cage on her dresser. It shook itself and yawned, and she thought it was probably the cutest thing she'd ever seen. 

Not that she'd know otherwise. 

"SOPHIE! Honey! She's awake!" A beautiful woman entered the room, clear blue eyes alight with joy. A man followed her closely after, the same expression of happiness on his face. 

"We were so worried about you!" The woman said, eyes filling with tears. She wiped at them, but her smile never left her face. 

"I-I'm sorry, but I don't remember anything." Sophie said honestly. Concern clouded their expressions. 

"That's what Elwin was afraid of." The man said. He turned to Sophie. "Our family physician, Elwin, told us this was a possibility. But don't worry, you should have your memory soon." 

The woman pulled the man aside and whispered to him in a tone too low for Sophie to hear. Trying not to seem like a eavesdropper, Sophie cast her gaze around the room. The walls were white, but not empty. They were strung with pictures of various young people, all laughing or smiling. She saw the same faces over and over again: a blond girl with warm brown eyes who seemed to always be blushing, a brunette garbed in designer clothes, a strawberry blond boy with deep dimples, a tall handsome boy with teal eyes, a girl with long raven hair and an angelic face, a smirking blond, a brooding boy that looked similar to the girl with raven hair, and a petite girl that always had a few braids peeking out of her blonde hair. Sophie realized that she didn't even know which one she was. 

Silence brought her out of her reverie. The two adults were watching her in sympathy. 

"Those are your friends." The woman said kindly. "And I'm your mom, Edaline, and this is your dad, Grady." 

"And you're Sophie, of course." Her dad added. 

"Do I have any siblings?" Sophie asked. 

They shook their heads. "But you have Iggy!" Her mom gestured towards the furball, which was now chewing on its own tail. 

"Your friends have been worried sick, by the way," Her mom mentioned, walking to where the photos were displayed. 

"How long have I been asleep? And what happened?" 

Sophie's parents glanced at each other. "You've been out for two weeks." 

"We should probably leave, so you can rest." Her father said, moving to the door. Her mother paused at the door, then moved over to a shelf of books. She pulled out a thin black book and handed it to Sophie. 

"This is your yearbook from last year. Maybe it'll help you remember." 

"Thanks." Sophie opened it as they closed the door. 

It was only as she was drifting to sleep that she recalled that they'd never told her what had happened to her. 

How'd you like it? I feel like a madman, you have no idea how trippy this story's going to get (In a good way of course). Oh yeah, I can't wait for you guys to read the rest!