First Day

Tori Vega:

Today's my first day at Hollywood Arts and to say I'm nervous is a huge understatement. At first I thought I could fit in pretty well, but that was until I actually stepped into the school. Oh God, everything, from the dancers and musicians to the lockers, proved that I didn't belong here. Trina wasn't much help either but that wasn't too surprising. This place is huge like I'm almost 100% sure that I will get lost. Ugh where's Andre when you need him. He's like the only person I know here.
As Trina leaves with another girl, I decide I should probably start looking for my first class, with Sikowitz. What the chiz is that name? Just then, I see a girl with red hair walk down the stairs.
"Hey, um, can you tell me.."

"Oh my God, you're Tori, right?

Wow people actually know who I am?

"Uh huh", I try to match her enthusiasm but I'm still really anxious and I just wanna fit in here.

"You were so awesome in the Big Showcase"
Ah so that's how she knows my name. She seems really sweet though.

"Aww thanks"

"My name's Cat"

"Ooo like the animal" I say trying to spark a conversation.

"What's that supposed to mean!" she suddenly shouts. Oops.

Well done Tori, it's been about 3 minutes and you've already offended someone.

"Nothing, I love cats" I try to fix the situation.

"Me too, they're so cute!" And with that she's gone. I'm still a bit shocked with my first encounter with someone here and I'm honestly a bit scared if most people attending this school are gonna be like this.

Just then, a boy holding a puppet in his arms walks in and I decide to ask him if he knows where my classroom is.

"Hey.." He suddenly stops walking and starts to get nervous.

"Hey, hello.. female, yes!" Umm okay? That's a bit weird.

"Can you tell me where Mr. Sikowitz' classroom is?" I ask. He then gets all nervous and said something about taking paces towards north?? But then he's puppet chimes in and tells me where to go.
I try to politely thank him but it was pretty obvious that I was a little freaked out.

As I start to walk away I hear the puppet say "Whatever it takes, cupcake". Seriously. Is anyone normal in this school?
I turn around to give him a weird look but decide to walk faster to my classroom to avoid another awkward encounters. Shortly after, I reach my classroom and take a deep breath.

Chill Tori, you can do it, it's just a class.

I walk in and set my stuff down at a chair. And as I turn around.. OMG! I just spilled coffee on this guy's shirt. Shoot. Way to go, Tori. Making great impressions already. I frantically try to rub his shirt with my sleeve to remove the coffee stain even though I was probably just making it worse. That's when I actually look up at him. Wow. He's really hot. Focus Tori. As we continue holding eye contact for a couple of seconds, a girl wearing dark clothing and dark make-up enters the classroom.

"Dude, why you rubbing my boyfriend?" She demands. Her tone is rough and cold and I already know that I've made a mistake.

Great, he's got a girlfriend. I mean of course he does. He's really good looking and- wait what the chiz am I thinking? I try to quickly explain to her about the whole coffee situation until she says,

"Get away from him". Well that was rude.

The guy walks up to her and softly tells her to relax, and then kisses her cheek. She's still shooting me a very intense glare which is making me feel extremely uncomfortable so I decide to walk towards André, seeing he's the only other person I know.

"Oh my God, there's a huge fire!!" I suddenly hear. I start to scream and panic along with the others in the classroom until the man tells us all that he was just kidding. Wait, he's our teacher!? Omg, I seriously thought he was homeless. He's not even wearing shoes!!

We all take our seats and Sikowitz goes on about improv which I'm only hearing about now. He very briefly explains it and then calls Jade to captain the first group. That's when I realise that she's the hot guy's girlfriend. I didn't really pay much attention to who she called until I hear my name. I suddenly get really nervous. She's got one of those evil smirks on her which is making me regret coming in today. I hesitantly walk towards the stage and she asks me to go wait at the door. Hmm, I wonder what she's planning. Whatever it is, it can't be too bad.. Can it?

Oh was I wrong. As we go along the scene, where I had to play a dog, quite literally, she ended up pouring coffee on my head. Wow. I mean I get that I rubbed her boyfriend but like she didn't have to be so effing rude. I get up but I don't say anything to her. I just quickly walk outta the classroom, ready to go home. I'm so done with this place already. André soon comes up to me and talks to me about how I belong in this school and how easy's boring. I don't care, the first thing I need to do is go home and wash my hair. As far as first days go, I'm pretty sure this is the worst one ever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

After thinking about it some more and thoroughly washing my hair, I decided I would give Hollywood Arts another chance. So that morning, I walked into the familiar classroom met by some familiar faces. First thing I noticed was the scowl on Jade's face as soon as her eyes met mine. I wonder how she would look if she genuinely smiled, but I probably would never get the chance to see it as she looks as if she's about to kill me at the moment.
     Beck however has a quite impressed look on his face. Huh, they must've been pretty sure I wasn't returning.

We start with an exercise called 'Alphabetical Improv' which sounded like my perfect opportunity for revenge. So I raised my hand confidently to captain my group. I called André, Beck, Cat and Jade up to the stage. The scowl remained on her face the entire time but she seemed surprised when I mentioned her name to come up to the stage.

Towards the end of the game, only Beck and I were left standing. I was quite proud of myself knowing that I had eliminated Jade even though she gave me a huge death glare when she got out. As we finish up our last scene, I thought of the best way to make Jade fume.

"Get up, Alien" I say as we're still playing as our characters.

"Head.. feels dizzy" He replies.

A smirk then appears on my face.

"Kiss me" I say, trying to sound confident.

"Let's do it". He responds, and we both lean in as our lips meet for the first time. It was a great kiss and I could faintly here a slow applause in the background. This then brought me back to reality and I pulled away.

"Man, I love this school." I say with a grin on my face.