"Baby, are you okay?" I ask, stroking underneath her eyes with my thumbs. She stays quiet for a moment, her mind a jumbled mess of thoughts.

"It's alright Snowdrop, it was just a bad dream..." I murmur, kissing her forehead. That seems to snap her out of it, because she shakes her head a little as she brings her free hand to one of mine.

"No...it wasn't..." She starts, closing her eyes and taking deep breaths, inhaling through her nose as she presses it to my palm.

"Then what was it?"

She doesn't answer for a minute, and just as I start to think she isn't she opens her eyes to look at me, a pained look in her eyes.

"It was...a memory..." She answers softly, the tears finally coming to halt. "One I wish I could forget."

My eyes widen as the anguish and turmoil swirls in her blue eye, I can even see it in the silvery depths of her blind one.

"Snowdrop..."

"This memory hasn't made me cry in years...but ever since I met you it has. Why...why is that?" She muses out loud, searching my face for answers.

"I wish I knew...baby, who left you?"

Her eyelids lower defeatedly, and for the first time I can see the vulnerability on her face.

"Who hasn't?...That would be a better question."

I can quite literally feel my heart breaking at that dejected response, the painful ache in her chest causing one in mine, as well as the tears pricking my eyes. She doesn't need to say anything, I can feel it.

"I know I certainly won't." I murmur, closing my eyes as the tears escape down my cheeks.

"I hope not Beloved..." She whispers, wiping at my cheek with her finger. I shiver at the name, and the feeling of her cooler fingers on my skin.

"I promised you, didn't I Snowdrop? I'll always be by your side."

"I know but...Thane..."

My eyes open instantly at the sound of my name, and I take her melancholy expression.

"It's....difficult for me to trust anyone, to let anyone in...so please...when I say that I trust you...don't make me regret it."

I grab her free hand and press a kiss to its palm.

"I would never Snowdrop, you have no idea how happy it makes me to hear those words from you."

Her mouth softens into an almost smile, and I gently press a kiss to her forehead. I know how hard it must be for her to open herself up to me, especially after what she admitted to me, so it makes me want to show her how much I care for her even more.

After a few minutes of cuddling together, my stomach rumbles hungrily, as does hers.

"How about we go downstairs and get some breakfast? I can whip us up something." I offer, and that faint smile appears again.

"That sounds good."

I grin and get off the bed, pulling her up into my arms. She raises an eyebrow at me, slight amusement in her eyes.

"I can walk you know."

"I know...I just like holding you in my arms." I chuckle, heading out my room and down the stairs to the kitchen with Ivory right on my heels. I have to admit it's been really good to be home...I've missed it a lot. I'm glad I get to show it to Astrea too, despite the circumstances.

We've talked a lot about needing to make our next move, on whether we should continue running, or find a way to clear my name with the agency. We haven't made a decision yet, but Astrea brought up the point that we can't run forever, we have to find whoever is framing me for murder...it's the only way I can have a normal life with her. And I want that more than anything.