~PART TWO~ [Chapter 27] Bang The Doldrums (Lexy)

Start from the beginning

I pulled out my phone to see if I had gotten any calls, particularly one from Catherine. While Patrick drove me to the hospital behind the ambulance my dad was being escorted in, I called her to tell her the situation and that she should come back home, regardless if she didn't give a shit about him or not, but she didn't pick up. Unfortunately, she still hadn't called me back. I closed my phone and set it in my lap, closing my eyes and resting my head back.

He pulled me closer to him and whispered comfortingly, "I'm sure everything's going to be alright, Lexy." He rubbed the hand he had on my right arm up and down before adding, "I'm sure of it."

I heaved a sigh and tilted my head forward, looking over at him and murmuring, "I hope so."

"Lexy!" I heard someone call my name. I sat up and turned my head in the direction of where I heard the voice. My eyes widened. Mikey was running down the hospital hallway towards Patrick and me. I rose to my feet, as did Patrick. Mikey rushed up to me and greeted me with a quick kiss on the lips. He pulled out of the kiss and pulled me into a tight hug.

I looked up at him and asked, "What are you doing here, Mikey?"

"When I came home, Gerard told me he heard sirens and saw the ambulance drive away from your house," He answered, letting me go, "So I came here as fast as I could. I wanted to make sure everything was alright."

"Yeah, everything's okay. My dad just fell down the stairs," I slipped my hands into my pockets and hung my head, "I don't know what they're doing to him though or if I'll be able to see him again."

"Who's this?" Patrick's voice emanated from behind me. I glanced over my shoulder at him, I had almost forgotten he was there.

"Oh, um, this is Mikey, Patrick," I answered, "Mikey, this is Patrick."

"This is Patrick?" Mikey retorted, joining my side, "The Patrick you've been talking about is Patrick Stump from Fall Out Boy?"

"You-You've been talking about me?" Patrick asked, his cheeks growing pink.

"Yeah, she's told me so much about you," Mikey replied in a friendly manner.

Patrick chuckled, "Well that's funny, because she hasn't told me a single thing about you." Patrick looked over at me and grinned a sarcastic smile. I bit my lip and averted my gaze to my feet.

"Oh, I wonder why..." Mikey remarked, looking down at me, wordlessly asking me for an explanation.

I glanced up at my boyfriend and placed my hand on the upper arm of his jacket, avoiding the explanation and saying sweetly, "Hey, I haven't eaten anything since lunch. Would be so kind as to get me something from the vending machines for us to eat? I don't want to leave and have the nurse come to tell me the news and I'm not there."

"I guess," Mikey retorted, kissing me on the cheek, "I'll be right back." And with that, he ran back down the hallway he came from. I crossed my arms over my chest and sighed.

"So when were you going to tell me you had a boyfriend, Lexy?" Patrick questioned, irritated with me. I looked over at him and opened my mouth to answer him when he cut me off, "You let me kiss you when you had a boyfriend!?!" He almost yelled at me.

"Shh! We're in a hospital!" I reminded him under my breath, "And so what? You kissed me when you had a girlfriend! What about Elisa, huh? Does she even know you're here?"

Patrick shook his head and walked over to the large floor-to-ceiling window that gave an excellent view of the night sky and helipad to the hospital. "When were you going to tell me you had a boyfriend, Lexy?" He asked again, this time much quieter, also avoiding answering my question. Which just proved to me that Elisa didn't know.

I joined his side and heaved a sigh, "I wasn't going to." He looked down at me. "I didn't want to hurt your feelings."

"And you thought keeping this information from me wasn't going to hurt my feelings?"

"I didn't think you'd find out," I muttered, looking at the dark blue sky that was speckled with white. "You've been so infatuated with your music career and Elisa that I thought you wouldn't notice. Or care."

"Why wouldn't I care? You're all I care about." I glanced over at him and saw his hands were in his pockets and his head was hung low. He kicked the floor and said, "You know, that summer you told me you were going on tour with My Chemical Romance, I was going to visit you." He paused and continued, "I was even going to cancel one of the concerts to do so. I wanted to play you the song I'd been working on for you ever since you left. You know, the one the guys wanted me to play you on the tour bus when you came to visit us all that time ago?"

"You were?" I murmured in disbelief.

He nodded his head and sighed, "But it doesn't matter anymore...I'm sure you've heard it already if you bought the album."

There was a long pause of silence before I inquired, "What song?"

"'Bang The Doldrums'."

I did a mental go-through of the Infinity On High songs before playing the song in my head. The corner of my lip curled up into a smirk and I told him, "That was my favorite song."

He glanced down at me and grinned too. That's the thing with us. We could never be mad at each other for long. Even with the worst of fights, the longest we stayed mad at each other, if I'm thinking right, was two days. Not even. "Really?"

I nodded my head, "Yup. That and the last song on the album. The one that goes something like 'the truth hurts worse than anything I could bring myself to do to you'."

"'I've Got All This Ringing In My Ears And None On My Fingers'?"

"Yeah, I think that's the one," I giggled.

Patrick laughed, "I like that one too."

"Okay, Lexy," Mikey's voice sounded from behind us. I turned around and saw him approaching us with his hands full, "I didn't know what to get, so I got whatever I could. Which is a bag of Lays Potato Chips, a six pack of Oreos, a bag of gummies, and a can of Sprite and a can of Pepsi."

"Thanks, Mikey," I remarked, taking the bag of potato chips and Sprite out of his possession and giving him a quick kiss on the cheek, "You're the best."