Chapter 6

"Aha! Woo-hoo!" Takara exclaimed among laughter once they reached a relatively vacant road leaving the city and heading up into the mountains. This was more like something Takara and Izaya Orihara would do.

After making their way through the winding roads into higher altitudes, Izaya eventually stopped the motorcycle.

"Okay." He began. "Close your eyes, Taka-chan." He sung.

"Are we seriously doing that again?" She rolled her hazel eyes sarcastically, but nonetheless, ended up shutting them.

"Yes, of course." He said as he covered her eyes with his large hand.

"They're shut!" She protested.

"Just making sure." He hummed as he supported her elbow with his free hand, leading her safely forward. When they stopped cautiously walking, Izaya once again wrapped his arms around her smaller body. "Open."

Her jaw dropped open in awe as she took in the majestic view. The entire city of San Francisco could be seen from where they stood; all the way to the see where the half-moon reflected on the gentle waves.

"Izaya..." She trailed in a hushed whisper.

"Well, we're not in Ikebukuro or Shibuya anymore; that's for sure." She could feel his cheeks against the side of her head.

"It's amazing."

He chuckled softly. "Just don't start crying this time." He teased.

"I don't plan on it." She joined him in his quiet laughter.

"Alright, stay still for a minute." He instructed as he moved his arms, shifting them around her collarbone as his fingers lightly tickled the flesh of the back of her neck. When he reverted to embracing her, she touched what he had left, finding a delicate necklace remaining.

She was speechless, her eyes watering with tears of joy that she desperately tried to suppress.

"You already got the ring, so I couldn't do that again." He joked partially. "Happy birthday, Taka-chan."

"Okay, I need a picture." She declared, shifting in his arms so that she faced him.

He laughed at her words. "You're such a girl." He commented playfully. "As long as I get one, too."

"Of course!" She beamed. "C'mere." She beckoned as the two turned their backs to the view so that the lights would shine in the background. Their heads rested against each other's as they both smiled genuine, photogenic smiles just before the flash went off.

"My turn." Izaya sung happily as he pulled his smartphone from his pocket. They posed as they did for the other picture, but a mere second before the flash sounded, the young man turned her chin and locked his lips with hers.

The photo captured Takara's surprise at the sudden action, much to her dissatisfaction. "Hey, Izaya!" She whined. "Delete it! I look stupid!" She began to reach for his cell-phone, but he kept it away from her reach, holding it high into the air.

"That's the picture that I want." He grinned with pleasure.

"Izaya..." She pouted her lip.

"You look adorable, Taka-chan." He said as he admired the photo, locking it as his home-screen.

"You're so mean..."

"Yeah, yeah. I still like this picture."

Takara couldn't help but grin in defeat. "And I really like this necklace." It was a simple piece of jewelry, with a small diamond in the center of the silver chain, but it suited her, and it was enough to show that she and Izaya belonged to each other.

"I'm glad." He then gently kissed her forehead. "Happy birthday."

She laced her arms around his shoulders and stood on her toes, placing a deep kiss on his lips. As he melted into her, he lifted her from the ground and more passionately kissed her in return.

-----------------------

"Las Vegas, here we are!" Izaya cheered the next afternoon. "Time to go clubbing, drinking, and have fun!"

"Oh, God. I better not have to deal with you as a drunkard..." Takara groaned.

"That's no fun." The boy pouted.

"Don't..." She threatened, narrowing her hazel eyes.

"Fine, fine." He waved off her concerns. "Just for my Taka-chan."

"Good boy."

-----------------------

Takara dropped her bag on the floor as her shoulders dropped limply. She was speechless again, though more in shock than anything. Her cheeks flamed with red, and her thin brow twitched irritably.

The bed was round and littered with rose petals and a jacuzzi was out in the open, filled with bubbly water and bottles of campaign sitting on the edge. The rest of the decorations were grand and ornate, usually in shiny gold or red.

"Izaya... you idiot!" She shouted, flustered with embarrassment.

He absent-mindedly laughed awkwardly. He had no idea that he had booked such a hotel, and now, he was just as shocked as her. "Just because it's this kind of room doesn't mean that we have to do that kind of stuff..." He seemed to try to assure the girl, but truly, he was just assuring himself.

"Let's just get ready to go out."

"Y-yeah..." He agreed as he scratched the back of his head.

After spending a half-hour getting ready to go to a Vegas club with other twenty-something's, both Izaya and Takara were ready to be social, the girl adorning both the diamond ring and necklace that was given to her.

The club they attended was one of the famed ones in all of Las Vegas, attended by only those whose names were on some kind of special 'list,' which, apparently, Izaya had registered for months in advance. Though the brunette was slightly irritated upon discovering that he had planned this vacation months in advance and only told her the day before, she shrugged it off, seeing as she was having fun thus far.

In short, Izaya can't dance -- or socialize correctly for that matter. Takara had done enough partying during her college years, but clearly, the young man hadn't. However, his foreign air did make him quite popular.

Tired of dancing in a massive crowd among strobes and laser-lights, Takara eventually retreated to the bar. She watched with a silly grin as her fiancé tried to interact with the American club-goers.

Butsome of the attention caused the girl's heart to selfishly cringe with pain.