Chapter 5

It was a beautiful day in Alola as Pikachu and Rockruff were playing around. The two of them were bumping into each other while standing on their front legs while Garchomp watched them curiously. The two of them caused each other to fall to the floor. They laughed at each other as Garchomp also laughed. Soon the sound of the door opening was heard as you and Ash walked out of the Professor's lab.

"Professor Kukui. We'll see you there." He said before closing the door. The two of you walked down the porch steps as Rockruff, Pikachu and Garchomp walked up to you. "We're leaving Rockruff." Ash told him while scratching his chin.

"You ready to head out?" You asked as Garchomp who nodded her head. You put her back in the Pokeball.

"Rockruff enjoys getting its chin scratched." Rotom Dex then makes a couple beeping noises. "Data update, completed."

"While you were talking Rotom, Ash and (Y/N) took off with extreme speed." Kukui said with a bowl in his hand.

"They did what?!" Rotom Dex yelled before chasing after the two of you, who were running down the road. As the two of you ran down the road you encountered Lana who was doing something with Popplio, who had a large bubble formed at its nose.

"Alola Lana!" You called out to her. Hearing your voice she turned around.

"Huh? Oh! Hi there guys." She waved at all three of you as Popplio started clapping its hands. However, the bubble broke, causing Popplio to go tumbling back into the ocean. "Huh?" Lana looks back in surprise.

"We'll see you soon, Okay? Take care." Ash said before taking off.

"Bye Lana." You said before going following after him.

"Okay." Lana said before turning back to Popplio. "Popplio. let's try it again." She said as Popplio jumped out of the ocean.

You and Ash had arrived at the Pokemon School and just walked into your guys' classroom. "Alola." You greeted as Ash said it after you, the others repeated the greeting back as Ash placed his backpack on his desk. He opened it to reveal a still sleepy Rowlett. He fell out of his backpack and bounced off his desk, eventually bouncing into rails of the class.

"I was wondering where you went." Ash said as he walked up to Rowlet.

"So it was inside your backpack again." Rotom Dex said as Rowlet pried itself off the railing.

The class had started as Professor Kukui was talking about what the theme for tomorrow's class was. "The theme of tomorrow's extracurricular class is getting to know marine Pokemon. We're heading out to sea." Kukui said as he pointed at the ocean.

Hearing the news, Ash jumps out of his chair. "Oh, out to sea sounds awesome!" 

"Your trump card for befriending marine Pokemon... is a fishing rod!" He said while pulling out a fishing rod with a Rockruff lure on the end of it. Meanwhile in the tree next to the class Team Rocket was spying on the class. 

"We spy and what does it show us?" Jessie asks while turning to Meowth and James.

"That the Twerps are schoolboys!" James said.

"They don't strike me as Studious." Meowth said as Wobbufett came out.

"Alola!" A voice called out surprising Team Rocket. They looked up to see Principle Oak looking down at them. "Who are you, a sight for Bulbasaur eyes?" Oak asked with his usual Pokemon jokes.

"Hi, nice to see ya!" Meowth and the others waved at him.

"We're tourists of the friendly sort!" James said while sweating nervously.