11. Revelations

Lili's P.O.V.

Now that Cole had left to see his family and he was no longer going to be here for the next two weeks, I couldn't tell if I felt relieved or upset. I definitely missed him, though.

When I got to set that day and saw KJ talking to Hart, I walked over and asked to talk to KJ.

"Is this about what I saw?" he asked once we were far away enough from everyone else. "Look, I'm not gonna tell anyone."

"It's not just that," I said. "I just wanted to let you know, that w-we're not together anymore."

"Wait, what? Did you break up after I left or something?"

I nodded.

"Why?"

"I-I, uh, um--I told him that it-it's not a good idea for us to be t-together right now. It-it's too complicated and n-not a good i-idea."

"Okay. But you don't believe that."

"N-no, I-I do."

"Right. So you think breaking up with him was the right decision."

I paused. Didn't say anything. Then I dropped my gaze to the floor and shrugged slowly.

KJ was about to say something else but was interrupted by Charles calling him over.

"We'll talk later," he said, and jogged over to Charles, who immediately engulfed him into a conversation with the other guys.

I took a deep, shaky breath and made my way to the break room. I sunk into the couch and buried my face into my hands, bringing my knees up.

I felt like crying. I really, really wanted to cry, and the only thing keeping me from doing that was the fact that I had just gotten my makeup done in the makeup trailer. I didn't even care if anyone saw me or questioned me. I'd just tell them to leave me the hell alone because that's what I wanted. To be alone.

Or to be with him.

To be with Cole.

"Lili?"

The sound of my name brought my head up from my knees and I turned it to see who the source of the voice was.

"Lils, we're about to film our scene," Cami said. "C'mon."

I exhaled and stood up off the couch, following my best friend out of the room and into Pop's.

"Are you upset that Cole left?" she asked.

"Yeah," I said. "I miss him."

She glanced at me with a mischievous look. I replied with an eye roll.

"Just because I miss him doesn't mean I like him like that, Cami."

"But it seems like you do."

"Well, I don't!"

The last sentence came out a little stronger than I had intended, causing Cami to give me a weird look.

"Chill, girl," she said. "If you say you don't like Cole then I believe you, alright?"

I sighed. "Sorry. I guess I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

Or just in the wrong bed altogether.

"Oh, I feel you. I hate when that happens."

"It's the worst."

"Ladies, get into character!" Roberto called. "We're about to start filming!"

We both sat down at the booth beside us and waited for the cameras to start recording.

*

When our lunch break finally rolled around and we all went out to some restaurant near set, I snuck into the washroom and pulled out my phone. I immediately called him, waiting for the ring tone to end and waiting to hear his soft, sexy voice to emerge from the other end.

But Cole never answered the phone.

The dial tone was cut short as he hung up on me.

Tears threatened to blur my vision as I tried calling him again.

Once again, Cole hung up.

I waited for the beep before leaving a message that I could only pray he didn't delete before listening to.

"Babe, I'm so sorry for what happened. I didn't mean to hurt you. I didn't want to hurt you. I-I love you, I just got scared when KJ found out, and I keep thinking, what if other people find out, too? And then the next thing I know, the entire media knows, and—I'm just being paranoid, I guess. But I'm sorry about how things went down, and I know I have no right to keep pushing you away only to beg you to come back, but I love you, Cole. And it took you to be gone, even just for one day, for me to realize that I never wanna be away from you ever again. Please call me back, love."

I hung up the phone and put it back into my purse, a sigh slipping out of my lips. Then, as I turned to go, I saw something that made the blood from my head drain out and my heart drop to my feet.

"Oh my God," Vanessa whispered.

"Holy shit," Ashleigh said.

All three of us stared at each other for what felt like an eternity.

I opened my mouth to speak.

But nothing came out.

A/N
Sorry that this took so long. I took a very long break after all the break-up rumours popped up, but now it's very obvious that they're still together. I'm still not over their major clap-back, it was literally the most epic thing I've ever seen.
Anyway, I love you guys so damn much. Please don't believe the rumours because they're clearly not true 💕💕💕

Published 07/26/19

Word Count: 912