the reunion pt. 1

Start from the beginning

*time skip to the next day*

"Honey, where are the earrings you got me for our anniversary?" Hermione called from her room as she got ready for the ball that was starting in an hour.

"Top drawer in the small green box," came Draco's voice from the bathroom.

"Thank you!" Hermione retrieved the earrings and put them on, admiring the shimmering diamonds. She then went on to touch up her makeup before standing up from her vanity and grabbing her purse.

"You rea- holy shit." Hermione gaped at her husband as Draco walked into their room fully dressed in his tuxedo, looking as if he had stepped out of a magazine with his platinum blond hair perfectly done. He however, had his eyes glued to her, standing there in all her purple glory. She looked perfect, her royal purple gown flowing around her like a waterfall. The top part hugged her in all the right places, the off the shoulder neckline and silver diamonds on her waist making her look like an actual princess. Her hair was done in a beautiful updo, with strands framing her face.

"You look..." Draco started, unable to find the right words.

"Glad I made you speechless Mr. Malfoy, now there's a ball we need to be fashionably late to so come on."

Draco laughed and took her hand. "Let's go blow their minds, Mrs. Malfoy."
And with that, they Apparated straight to the Hogwarts Great Hall.

Hermione couldn't believe her eyes when she walked into the hall. The ceiling was covered in multiple chandeliers, gold and silver decorations hanging from the walls. There was a bar in the corner, as well as a huge table with food in the middle, along with small tables for people to sit and eat at on the left side. On the right side, there was a dance floor with a string quartet playing beside it. Over at one of the tables she spotted Luna and Neville.

"I just saw Luna, I'm going to go say hello. Want to join?" She asked Draco.

"You go ahead, I saw Blaise over at the bar."

"Ok. See you in a bit." She smiled and gave him a peck before hurrying over to the table.

"Luna! Neville! I haven't seen you in so long!" Hermione exclaimed as she hugged each of them.

"Hello Hermione! What a pleasure to see you here too! How've you been?" Luna replied with her signature dreamy smile.

"I've been doing great." Hermione said with a smile, when she noticed the ring on Luna's finger. "So, who's the lucky guy?"

"This one right here, actually," Luna said as she grabbed Neville's hand, beaming. "We've been happily married for five years."

Hermione eyes widened with happiness. She looked at Neville, "Well, congratulations! You certainly make a good couple."

"Thank you!" Neville replied, glancing down at Hermione's hand, "So, who's your lucky guy?"

Hermione smiled. "Oh, he's that man right over there." She pointed towards the bar at Draco, who was leaning against it, deep in a conversation with Blaise.

Neville looked at where she was pointing and his eyes widened. "Malfoy? Draco Malfoy? Really?"

Luna simply smiled as Hermione replied, "Yep. Happily married for eight years."