Prologue

"A-Ash?" I asked quietly. She turned her head slightly and her eyes met mine. I gasped. Her silica had turned pure black, and her pupils had turned to skulls. A strange black liquid dripped from her eyes. This wasn't Ash,

      "I'll kill them all..." She whispered.

       John remembers that day like it was yesterday. The way Ash looked at him, the pure horror he felt looking into those soulless black pits of her eyes. Just thinking about it sent chills down his spine. What had happened next was something that would be forever burned into his mind. Something he'd never recover from. The way her arms and legs lengthened and morphed into huge claws. Two curved horns, pure black in color and covered in spikes, had grown from the top of her head. Her fingers had stretched and bent into curved claws. Her pant legs ripped and her shoes had fallen off. Her feet had turned into these sort of clawed paws. John really wished he had gotten a better look at her. 

      Now, two months later, he sits with Remi, Arlo, and Seraphina, planning how they'd get their friend back. However, Remi wasn't only worried about her friend. She had grown so used to the blue-haired maniac she wasn't sure she wanted to do anything without her. Yes, she had fallen in love. How could she not? Ash was, despite all her imperfections, a wonderful person. Remi glanced around at the people in the room. She knew John wanted Ash back just as much as she did, if not more. They looked around the entire city but there had been no sign of her. Well, that wasn't necessarily true. There were signs -claw marks on walls, blood-stained concrete, etc.- but they hadn't found her. Dead E.M.B.E.R members were popping up left and right. It was scary. Ash ripped through these people like the plague. Unstoppable and undetected, until it was too late. She knew how to hide. Ash was becoming exceedingly violent too. The bodies found were starting to turn up in more and more pieces. 

      "John," Seraphina said softly, placing a hand on his shoulder. "We're gonna find her. I promise." John almost believed her. He wanted to believe everything was going to be okay, that he would be reunited with Ash again. Maybe he would be. At the very least they knew Ash was alive. "She's strong you know, stronger than most. She's going to be okay," Sera said with a soft smile. John knew this. Ash was the strongest person he knew, even stronger than himself at times. He just needed to find her.