She smiled and nodded, tucking the money into her serving book. "Should I go get your coats?" she asked grabbing the bottle of wine.

"Please, I have to get back. If he asks, you saw nothing."

She giggled at my animated body language and I scurried over to our table, gliding smoothly into my chair and taking a sip of water. Just in time too, as I saw Namjoon walking over to the table, smiling brghtly. Watching him walk to our table gave me a chance to really look at him. I've seen him in less clothing, but the tight-fitting suit really did look incredible on him.

Its honestly hard to believe that he is at all interested in me.

But it gave me hope.

"Welcome back." I smiled as he took a seat.

"Thank you." he grabbed his glass of water and took a few gulps, drinking it down. "I salt my potatoes way too much, and though the wine was delicious, I needed that water."

I stared at him hard and smiled shyly at him. I was starting to adore the person I was getting to know. After fiddling with his glass and his eyes wandering around the room, they came back around and he caught me starting.

But I had no shame.

I kept staring.

He stared back for a moment before giving me a flirty wink. I broke out into a short laugh and covered my face from embarrassment. "I'm sorry." I mumbled into my hands.

"Don't be, if you get to stare at me, then I get to stare at you."

I flushed again brining my hands down. In the corner of my eye I caught the server coming towards us, both of our coats in her hand. She gave me a subtle wink, that Namjoon didn't see since he was too busy looking at me. I turned back to him and stood up slowly, watching a look of confusion come across his face. Before he could say anything, the server reached the table and placed our bottle of wine gently on the table.

"How was everything this evening?" she asked looking between us.

"It was so yummy, I will sure be coming back again someday." I smiled to her and took my coat. She handed Namjoon his coat, as he still didn't say anything, and she helped me put mine on. What I didn't notice was a large box, the size of my laptop that she had under our coats. I gave her a cocked eye brow to which she only smiled.

"Complimentary, on the house." she smiled placing it down on the table. "You two enjoy your evening."

She turned on her heel to walk away, but Namjoon found his voice and stopped her. "Wait, Miss?" He called, and she turned around with a huge smile.

Could she be more obvious? I rolled my eyes and smiled, but held back my laugh. "Yes?" she asked him, sweetly smiling. She too, was trying to hold back her laughter.

"You never brought me the check."

"I didn't?" She replied playing dumb. She opened her flip book and was careful to not show him the receipt, but read it off reciting exactly what we had ordered, sure not to read off the prices, or the total. "Everything seems to be here. It's all settled." She finished, smiling and stuffing the receipt back into her pocket book. "You two enjoy your evening, and please, next time you come back, ask for Hana. I'll be happy to serve you both again any day."

"Thank you, Hana." I replied and she winked at me again, and this time Namjoon noticed.

I laughed and turned to him, and when I did, he was staring at me as he put on his coat, his right eye brow cocked upward, and his jaw pushed to the side and clenched. I watched his tongue trace the inside of his cheek before he watched me grab the bottle and our complimentary box, whatever it was.

"Come on Joonie, its part two time." I said walking towards the door. I wore a grin on my face until we made it to his car, and he didn't say much, maintaining his cool and collective demeanor. He opened up the back door, and took the wine and the mystery box from me, being sure to put it where it wouldn't get squished or roll around during the drive.

He shut the door and I turned, waiting for him to open my door, since he yelled at me not to open it myself when we had arrived. I assumed it would be the same story.

Well, I was wrong.

I turned to see him staring at me with dark eyes and felt myself being pushed hard up against the car door. Namjoon leaned his body against mine, and his face was so close that I could feel his light breathing caress against my jaw. The sudden movement didn't scare me, it only excited me because I knew, that he knew, exactly what I did.

"You really are trouble, aren't you?" He growled, his hands moving up my sides around to my back holding me close. I turned my face just slightly and was able to catch his eye, and was locked in his trance. They burned into me, and before, I thought maybe he was upset with what I did, but now as I could see the playfulness shimmer in his brown orbs, I relaxed. I allowed myself to grin, and I slowly licked my lips knowing his eyes would drop to my tongue and watch the action. I bit my bottom lip right after and pushed my head up, only slightly so that the tip of my nose was touching the bridge of is.

I felt, different.

More confident, playful.

I felt like the old me really was coming through, because I grinned wickedly at him and whispered very lowly so he would have to pay attention to hear. "You have met your match, Joonie dear."

New Neighbor ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara