Apple

(Five times Crowley offered Aziraphale an apple, and the one time he took it)

Oysters had been a hit, or so Crowley let Aziraphale believe. It wasn't the most pleasant of textures as far as foods went, but Crowley didn't mind the taste, so he played along. Mostly to see the smile it brought to Aziraphale's face. Afterwards it had let to a walk through the market. A local vendor was selling fruit from a stand. Aziraphale insisted they stop and buy grapes, all while giving the owner of the stand a small blessing. Crowley with a glint in his eye, picked up two apples. He paid for them and Aziraphale's grapes.

"My treat, as payback for lunch," He'd smiled at the angel.

The pair were now, per Aziraphale's insistence, at his living quarters. It was small, nothing fancy like Crowley had expected the angel to live in.

"So food's you're thing, huh?" Crowley asked, watching as Aziraphale popped a grape into his mouth.

"Oh it's absolutely delightful," Aziraphale nodded.

"Can I offer you an apple?" Crowley held out one of the bright red fruits he'd bought.

Aziraphale's face lit up. He reached out and then abruptly paused.

"Oh, you little devil," Aziraphale snatched his hand back.

Crowley snickered before taking a bite of the apple himself, rather pleased with the blush that dusted the angel's cheeks.

-

Crowley had, just like he promised, filled the theatre of Shakespeare's Hamlet, despite how much he loathed the play. It was far too boring for his taste.

"Oh Crowley, you've out done yourself," Aziraphale beamed with satisfaction at the crowds filing in.

"Yeah, yeah," Crowley waved a dismissive hand not wanting to bring any more attention to his miracle. He couldn't help if he wanted to please the angel. However, the twisting in his stomach reminded him that Aziraphale would never see it in the way he hoped he would. It was simply part of their newfound Agreement. Nevermind that Crowley did it for Aziraphale. It wasn't even a direct order from Heaven which should have clued the angel in. It, however, did not.

Crowley forced himself to sit through the play, pretending to hate every second. He did hate every second of the play, however he spent a majority of the time watching Aziraphale's delighted face. A smile would tug at the demon's lips when the angel would mouth the words. He'd watched rehearsals enough that he could have played Hamlet himself. He would have been better at it too, Crowley had thought.

After the play there were stands outside the theatre offering treats of many kinds. It reminded Crowley of that time in Rome when he'd offered Aziraphale an apple. He wondered how the angel would react this time.

Crowley picked up a green apple this time and held it out towards Aziraphale.

"Apple?"

"Ooh, I do love the green ones, they're-" Aziraphale immediately glowered at the demon. "You wily serpent," He huffed, turning away from Crowley.

The demon laughed, "Oh come on, angel, it was a joke."

"I will not fall for your tricks, Crowley," Aziraphale pouted before reaching for a small pastry on another cart.

Crowley smiled at the blush on the angel's face. That was twice now he'd gotten him to fall for the trick.

-

Discorporation over a silly treat was something Crowley would never be able to understand, but it gave him a reason to see the angel, so he said nothing. He simply took the angel to get his Crepes.