Coffee Cup Cafe

Aziraphale liked books but he didn't want to sell his books. They were too precious to him. So when the shop next door went up for sale and he overheard a few passerby's say they hoped for a coffee shop to go in, he took it upon himself. He bought the little place and opened a coffee shop. The Coffee Cup Café. It wasn't creative as far as coffee shop names went but it was better than A.Z. Fell Coffee shop which was his original plan. He was informed by several people that it was unenthusiastic, so he changed it.

Aziraphale had been learning the art of coffee since, well he couldn't even remember. He made some of the best coffee in Soho. The shop was bustling with business, the only problem was Crowley. The past week Crowley came into the shop almost every day. Normally he loved when Crowley stopped by but here lately he had been slowing him down and causing the line to back up. Today was one of those days.

"Angel, how do you make the vanilla coffee taste like vanilla. Coffee tastes like coffee not vanilla so how do you do it?" Crowley asked leaning back against the counter of the coffee bar as Aziraphale brewed a latte for the nice lady waiting.

"I grind vanilla bean and steep it with the coffee grounds," Aziraphale answered simply, not looking up from his task.

"Well it smells heavenly, no pun intended," He winked at Aziraphale who gave a small smile and a roll of the eyes.

Crowley watched as Aziraphale started the next order. He could easily just miracle the orders made, but 'it would spook the customers' according to Aziraphale.

Crowley was growing more and more bored as he sat waiting for the shop to empty. It never did. Crowley had thought about miracleing the shop invisible for a few hours just to spend time with the angel, but he knew how happy it made Aziraphale and he would feel bad. So, he continued to watch and pester Aziraphale with meaningless questions just to get the angel's attention.

"What would happen if you dropped an entire chocolate into the coffee, would that make it a mocha?" Crowley asked, holding a truffle over a coffee waiting for chocolate sauce.

"No, don-" But it was too late. Crowley dropped the chocolate in the drink.

"How long will it take to melt?" Crowley asked, peering into the cup. He couldn't see the chocolate through the dark liquid.

"It won't, Crowley. The coffee is too hot to melt the chocolate. Chocolate has to reach a temperature of 30 degrees to melt evenly. The coffee is only served at 71 degrees. The chocolate will melt off into uneven chunks," Aziraphale sighed as he dumped the ruined coffee into the sink.

Crowley was about to speak up again when Aziraphale turned to him with a stern look.

"Dear, I have a line of people waiting for their drinks, might you stop by later once I've closed? I don't have time to talk right now."

Crowley's shoulders slumped. "Right, yeah, later, course."

Crowley didn't want to say he was jealous. Jealous wasn't the right word, he just missed spending time with Aziraphale, and the angel's time was completely consumed by the coffee shop nowadays.

-

Aziraphale was just seeing the last customer out when Crowley walked into the shop.

"Crowley, dear, what can I get for you?" Aziraphale asked, grabbing a cup.

"You," Crowley pouted.

"I'm sorry?" Aziraphale paused, looking at the demon with a frown.

"Nothing, nevermind," Crowley gave a dismissive wave before slumping into a small wooden chair.

"Is something the matter?' Aziraphale frowned as he started brewing Crowley's favorite coffee. He would never admit that the vanilla mocha with extra whipped cream was his favorite, but Aziraphale knew it was.

"No, everything is tickity boo," Crowley sneered sarcastically.

"Crowley," Aziraphale huffed at the demon. He stepped around the bar and made his way to the table Crowley was sitting at.

"You spend all your time serving all these ungrateful people, we never get to spend time together, angel," Crowley gave a pout as Aziraphale set the coffee down in front of him.

"Oh," Aziraphale frowned, taking a seat across from the demon. "I'm sorry.I didn't know you wanted to spend more time together."

"You can just say you don't want to spend time with me," Crowley huffed taking a sip of the steaming cup. He didn't comment on the fact that it wasn't what Crowley typically ordered. 'A large coffee as black as my soul' was his usual order. But he much preferred the vanilla mocha, especially Aziraphale's.

"I love spending time with you, Crowley, I'm just so busy with the shop now and..." He trailed off. "I suppose I could get someone to help me."

Crowley looked up hopefully.

"But I have to ask, why do you want to spend time with me? Wouldn't you rather tempt the locals?" Aziraphale frowned. Crowley usually only stopped by every so often, here lately though he was coming in every day.

"Come on, angel, you have to know the answer to that one by now," Crowley scoffed.

"I'm afraid I don't know what you mean," Aziraphale gave a small tilt of his head.

Crowley with a huff leaned forward, grabbing Aziraphale by the lapels of his jacket and yanked him forward. Their lips melded together harshly at first before softening into a gentler kiss.

"Oh," Aziraphale breathed out softly when Crowley pulled away. "I see."

"I love you, angel and I want nothing but to spend time with you."

Aziraphale smiled fondly at Crowley, "I love you too, dear," He leaned forward pressing a chaste kiss to the tip of Crowley's nose.

"Why don't we get dinner?" Aziraphale offered, standing. He held a hand out to Crowley.

As they reached the door, the angel gave a wave of his hand and a hiring sign appeared on the front door. Crowley's chest swelled with excitement. He'd finally have more time with his angel.

(Request for DeadPeggy, hope it's okay)