11| the lady of light

Start from the beginning

"Hadhodrond...saew...enni nestron"

(Moria...poison...needs a healer)

The last thing I saw was my brother's concerned eyes before the darkness overtook my vision, and my mind spiralled further and further into the depths of unconsciousness.

-

As I awoke, I first noticed the caress of the soft silk sheets that were draped on my form, and I realised I was no longer lying on the forest floor, but rather in a bed.

My tattered, bloodstained clothes were in a neat pile on a chair in the corner of the room, along with my sword, bow and quiver and knives. On the end of the bed sat a folded pile of clothing, my hairpin sitting on the top, glittering in the soft light that streamed from the arched windows, the design elegant and classic.

My vision was clear, and my head no longer felt as if it was being pounded upon the Black Gates. Slipping my nightdress off my shoulders, I examined where my wound used to be. Now, all that remained was a pink line snaking along my upper arm. I traced it lightly, feeling the uneven skin underneath my fingertips.

Another scar. One that would be avenged.

I glanced at the other one on the top of my shoulder, close to my collarbone. It was an ugly stab wound from the Morgul blade, contrasting to my smooth skin with its intense discolouration, rising and falling in uneven lumps around the puncture wound. It was a symbol of weakness, a reminder of what I had done in the past. What I had caused. And I hated it.

Hoisting myself from the bed, I shed my nightgown, before slipping into the dress. This was truly one to admire.

It was a jewel-green gown that hugged my form perfectly, the fabric soft and silky, with a scoop neckline before the sleeves tumbled down into drapes of sheer green fabric. The dress melted into a small circle around my feet, draping along the ground as I walked, gold thread embroidered along the waistline and spiralling upwards towards the neckline. The green perfectly complimented my eyes.

And it covered the scar from the Morgul blade.

There was a knock on the door, and when I opened it, an elf maiden was awaiting

"I have been requested to escort you to the halls of the Lord and Lady."

I smiled, thanking her. I grabbed my pin, securing it in my raven locks. As I exited the room after the young elleth, I was instantly met with the beauty of Caras Galadhon.

We descended the staircase that spiralled around the giant of the mallorn tree, it's leaves like flakes of gold, glowing with a warm radiance. This was the only place in Middle Earth to view the beauty of the Mallorn. Elegant elven architecture lay at different heights, supported by the sturdy branches of the Mallorn. The chambers were connected by bridges and walkways with spiralling archways, and lights hung in the air, sparkling on rooftops, shining with an ethereal glow. Far above, the silhouetted shapes of the shadowy tree-branches loomed.