Cranky Thoughts

You: "Newt?" You ask again, your voice hardly audible as tears find their way back to your eyes. Newt jerks around, screaming ferociously. He lunges towards you, tackling you to the ground. Your head collides with the concrete making your vision go painfully black for a moment as pain shoots through your skull.

Minho: Running faster than he ever has, Minho can feel his strength draining. Fry beside him shouts out to him, "Come on Minho! Think of Newt! We're almost there!"

You: You jump to your feet, regaining your footing right as Newt takes another lunge at you. This time, you use his momentum against him, throwing him the side. "Newt! It's me!" Within a second, he's back on his feet. He screams at you again before lunging once more. You hear a bone crack as you collide with the concrete. Now you're both on the ground, him on top of you.

Brenda: Minho's strength is failing and Brenda can see it. Brenda's thoughts reside on Y/n. She gets the feeling that whatever is happening to Y/n right now, is breaking her heart.

You: This is breaking your heart. Pain cascades through your body while you and Newt roll along the ground. He's trying to pin you down while you wrestle to get him off of you. Newt is much stronger than you, and it shows. You finally manage to shove him to the side and you jump to your feet. Newt's on all fours panting and coughing up liquid. "Y/n... Kill me!" He shouts causing your heart to stop while Newt's request rips you apart. "Newt? Newt can you hear me?" Your voice is weak and shaky, filled with tears. Newt screams again, tackling you to the ground yet again. He pushes you onto your back and pain shoots through what is probably a broken rib and pins you down. You hold him off as he ferociously strains to get closer to you, biting at your face. You're trying to push him away but your arms are shaking and his face inches closer and closer to your own. Unexpectedly, he relaxes, sitting up. He looks confused. "I'm sorry, I'm sorryY/n..." Still holding him at arm's length you reply, "Newt It's ok. It's ok Newt." You feel Newt's hand on your upper thigh. "Newt?" Without warning he grabs the gun form your leg holster and points it to his head. "NO! Newt!" You scream, knocking the gun from his hand. He lets out an enraged scream. You shove him off of you and get on all fours. You watch as Newt, also on all fours, takes in deep, labored breaths. You wonder if you're looking at a Crank or the boy you love. 

 You: Newt slides a knife from the back of his belt. Your heart turns to slush as fear takes over. He charges towards you and smacks you upside the head with the blunt end. You painfully land on your back, knocking all the air out of you. But before you can take another breath, Newt jumps on you sitting on your chest. You gasp desperately for air as he starts to bring the knife down on your face. You hold his arms above your head as your own arms quickly grow weak from lack of oxygen. You roll to the side, forcing him to fall off of you. You jump back and take in the much-needed air. Almost immediately, Newt pushes you back onto the ground, now trying to force the knife into your chest. He screams in your face and drops of black liquid dip onto your face as the knife starts to penetrate your skin. You cry out in pain as he pushes it deeper, drawing hot thick blood from the wound. Pain burns in your chest from the blade. You shove Newt off of you and he takes the knife with him. You scream as the blade exits your body at an angle, the tip draging along your chest creating a line before Newt falls all the way back. You look down and see the line of blood across your shirt.

Brenda: Y/n's scream fills the night. It echoes across the sides of the buildings, bouncing off abandoned cars. Y/n is in trouble, which means they all need to run faster.

Thomas: As Thomas runs through the luckily-empty streets, he can't help but wonder if he did the right thing. Should he trust Teresa? Or should he have gone back for Newt? Y/n could handle Newt until Minho and the others got there, right? What if he's just going to Teresa because he still loves her? What then? Or what if it's a trap? H pushes those thoughts away, it doesn't matter now, his choice is made. He just hopes the Y/n and Newt are alright.

You: Both you and Newt are now on your feet. Newt is staring you down from across the clearing. "Newt, listen. Thomas and Minho are almost here. Please, Newt. I love you." Newt cocks his head to the side. His voice is sinister. "YOU love ME? That's hilarious. You just think you love me, you don't know what love is." "Don't say that Newt, you love me too, you know that." Newt laughs cruelly, "Is that what you think?! No Y/n. I hate you. I despise you." He takes slow menacing steps towards you as he continues. "You are selfish and cruel. If you hadn't burned the cure, none of this would've happened! YOU did this! This is all your fault! Everyone who died, DIED because of you!" He's now standing inches from your face, spitting as he talks. "I could never. love. you." Newt jabs the knife deep into your stomach and you scream in pain he pushes you to the ground.