Attempt

Every single living creature, both god and beast, have been captivated by the seven moons.

Some have tried to find ways to entice these luminious entities to descend and mingle.

Sidapa learned that Luyong Baybay, the goddess of tides, has started singing to the moons in an attempt to persuade them to come down from the heavens.

Fearing that his voice would scare them away instead, Sidapa ordered the mermaids to sing to the moons at night, and the birds to take over the task once daylight has returned in the morning.

Wanting to best everyone in winning the attention of the seven moons, Sidapa further asked the flowers to bloom, and ordered the winds to carry their fragrant scents up to these dazzling speres above.

The god of death also asked the flowers to produce sweet nectar, which he personally harvested and prepared as wine incase the moons decended to pay him a visit.

Lastly, something the others did not think of, Sidapa gathered some starlight and gave it to a few winged insects, turning them into fireflies. He then ordered these fireflies to light the way from the heavens to a small lake where the moons could play and frolick.

Once his task was finished, he then waited, and hoped, and agonized on what he would say to captivate the interest of these dazzling creatures.

By day he roamed the world, happy to learn more about the humans that have now piqued his interest.

After his encounter with the boy who gave him rice cakes, Sidapa has since then become curious to find out if there were any more kind people under his care that he knew nothing about.

The boy's mother and baby sister were whisked to paradise right after Sidapa had consumed the last of the rice cakes, giving their souls enough time to roam the Earth a final time, before leaving it permanently.

When dusk starts to cover the land however, Sidapa returns to his fog shrouded mount Madjaas and sits hopeful at the foot of his knarled black tree... patiently waiting if his efforts would be rewarded tonight with a visit from the moons he so coveted.

Several nights have passed, and no moon descended.

Sadly, Sidapa walked to where the fireflies and mermaids were to relieve them of their tasks.

He finally accepted that his efforts were a complete failure.

His dark, brooding figure reached the foot of his mountain and was met with inquiring gazes from the mermaids he had asked to sing. He was about to tell them that they can cease their efforts... when suddenly everything was bathed in a beautiful light.

The frown he had, just minutes ago, turned into a wide smile without him noticing it.

His efforts were not in vain after all.