Control

The island was in chaos. Blood was everywhere. The night creatures attacked in hoardes without fail, and only retreated when the sun started to rear its head in the east.

Dead bodies littered the expanse of the island, their guts and heart torn from their lifeless forms. The houses were bolt shut even during the day, as fear took ahold of everyone.

The people prayed to Kaptan for help, beseeching his mercy and forgiveness. The benevolent god heard them, and sent his two grandaughters to investigate.

Mayari and Haliya arrived in full radiance. The night creatures were in the middle of a feast, as dead bodies were dragged to be eaten in groups.

They growled at the two outsiders. Baring their sharp claws and fangs, they attacked the newly arrived pair in full force.

Mayari slaughtered atleast fifty minions of Asuang with her double edged knife. Haliya struck more than that number with her blunt sword.

"Call off your attacks on the people, or this will be your last night alive." Haliya ordered Asuang as she held him pinned against a hut, her sword resting on his neck.

"You protect the wrong side. We are the victims here. They killed my wife and infant son. The chieftain all but hunted everyone of us down simply because we looked different. We're merely giving them what they deserve. They treated us like monsters... we'll show them what monsters are." Asuang's hollow laughter was interrupted when he felt the blade slide deeper into his blue skin, drawing blood.

"Call them off, or your head rolls." Haliya said sneering.

"Retreat!" Asuang shouted in defeat. His minions turned to look at him, seeing him with a sword to his neck and knowing they won't win against the siblings, they began to run off into the shadows howling.

"This is not the end. I will still get my revenge on the chieftain. And no god will stop me." Asuang told Haliya.

"Be sure to tell that to Sidapa. He was the one who alerted Kaptan of your indiscretion. You better be ready when your lord pays you a visit... soon." Haliya released Asuang who immediately rubbed his neck.

"Haliya, we must return. Banilig is alone up there. The Bakunawa might..." And before Mayari could finish her sentence, the Earth shook and the Bakunawa leapt to claim the sole moon on patrol tonight.

Immediately Mayari turned into a white shimmer as she disappeared to aid her brother. In the blink of an eye, Haliya too turned to white smoke, and reappeared beside Banilig who had his arrow aimed at the open mouth of the Bakunawa.

"Steady. Everyone attack at the same time. Now!" Banilig released five shimmering arrows, all of it went straight to the mouth of the beast. It was all chewed effortlessly by the sea creature.

Mayari attacked and plunged two of her knives on either side of the beast's head. She rode the monster as it writhed in pain.

Haliya ran her sword through the Bakunawa's wing to prevent it from ever taking to the sky again, and they tumbled together spiraling down to the open sea.

In a single twist the Bakunawa was able to throw Mayari off, and was about to swallow Haliya when Banilig pushed Haliya out of harm's way, sacrificing himself.

Haliya and Mayari crashed into the dark, cold, water while the Bakunawa dived to hide in the deepest part of the ocean.

Asuang watched from the shores, pleased at the Bakunawa's success. At this rate he will be triumphant in decimating the entire human population, now that the sky will be considerably darker after only two moons are left.

Wait! Two moons? There should be four. Two are hiding somewhere. They must all be destroyed if his plan is ever to succeed.

He watched the sisters pick themselves up from their drenched state, their grief and disappointment clearly visible. They vanished momentarily, only to reappear in the night sky as spheres to light the world.

Asuang snickered, noticing how dim their lights are compared to when there were seven of them. Yet if two more moons added to the brilliance... no. He must find the missing moons and destroy it.

The Bakunawa can handle these two, the other two will die in Asuang's hand. That he promised.